Author Topic: Do car owners snake your tail?  (Read 3189 times)

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
Do car owners snake your tail?
« on: November 24, 2010, 02:50:46 AM »
Lately me and the wife have been hit by a wave of random roasters slowing and tailing us for about 40 seconds.

My wife was going to call the police but last time we did that regarding the tampering of my daughters 200 watt brushed bike the cops started a big fight with us and abused my 16yo daughter over the legality of the 200 watt brushed bike in question and ignored our concerns as usual.  I think you need to bow to their absolute rudeness to get anywhere with the police these days and if you don't they have the perfect excuse to do nothing for you which the usual case.

But I told the wife it happens to me,  they just want to see how fast you go.  If it happened once a blue moon It would be not such a deal.  But its nearly happening everyday.

When they start snaking my tail I start to slow and fast and give them the EVIL look.  If it continues I stop and stare them down as they past.

The weird thing about it all is they drive off fast then like Ive scared them..  Like "ohhh" Im the weirdo or something?

A message to Car drivers and or Ebikers that tail any ebiker in their cars. Dont let your curiosity get the better of you and join the big long line if worldly "DICKS" tailing ebikers to get their speed.

Have they no sense?

STOP it right now.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 02:52:50 AM by 317537 »

Bring it on

Offline Andrew

• AKA The Artful Bodger
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
  • I'm here to learn.
Re: Do car owners snake your tail?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2010, 07:30:06 AM »
i think that unless a motorist has been a bike rider on the road they really have no sympathy what so ever. It should be part of the driving course that learners spend an hour or two on the road on a push bike as that is where all my awareness of what's going on around me on the road comes from(not from learning to drive a car). people who have never cycled quite often do not know how to approach or pass a biker, most just hold them in contempt.

But funnily enough, as you say I have had a quite a few cars this week stay behind me tailing for long periods even though there have been plenty of opportunity to overtake??  Perhaps with me at 24mph the sheer speed just surprises drivers or just upsets their overtaking stratergy or maneuver.  ???
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 07:32:38 AM by Andrew »

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
Re: Do car owners snake your tail?
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2010, 09:18:07 AM »

But funnily enough, as you say I have had a quite a few cars this week stay behind me tailing for long periods even though there have been plenty of opportunity to overtake??  Perhaps with me at 24mph the sheer speed just surprises drivers or just upsets their overtaking stratergy or maneuver.  ???

It happened again to me tonight,  >:( This time the stalker was right up besides me.  I honestly need to get my bike up to 80kph and tail them back.

Years ago I had some trash stalking me where I lived, I just stopped in the street and waited for him to pass me and followed him for 15 minute or so..  Haa talk about taking a dose of your own medicine.

I know what you mean.  It takes cars longer to pass an ebike and this can confuse them, but you can tell the difference.

Bring it on