Author Topic: Black Pie 5  (Read 3604 times)

Offline Adamsavage79

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
Black Pie 5
« on: February 28, 2018, 06:09:58 AM »
I have a few questions about the Black Pie Five 26 Inch Rear Conversion Kit.

My question are short and simple:

1. Does the motor have it's own connectors for the battery, or do you need to install your own. (I'm assuming you need to make your own)

2. Does the wheel come with a cassette ?

3. Which side of the wheel, do the wires come out of ?

4. ( Last one) Does the wheel support Rim braking as well ? (I'm aware it supports Disc Brakes)

Thanks!

Online Tommycat

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
Re: Black Pie 5
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2018, 10:31:31 PM »
I have a few questions about the Black Pie Five 26 Inch Rear Conversion Kit.

I have the Magic Pie V5...Thinking it's the same motor...

My question are short and simple:

1. Does the motor have it's own connectors for the battery, or do you need to install your own. (I'm assuming you need to make your own)

You assume correctly! Just bare ended wires. I used XT60 connectors with heat shrink tubing...

2. Does the wheel come with a cassette ?

No, it is a threaded type gear install...AKA freewheel. I believe you order it separately.

3. Which side of the wheel, do the wires come out of ?

Opposite side of the freewheel. Sitting on bike, they are on the left.

4. ( Last one) Does the wheel support Rim braking as well ? (I'm aware it supports Disc Brakes)

Mine work well...but this motor has a lot of get up and go. If available, disc brakes may be a plus. (never had any) But the regen of the motor is also nice to help slow down. But only available when battery is not at full charge. (reclaimed voltage needs some where to go...)

Thanks!

Regards,

T.C.
See my completed Magic Pie V5 rear hub E-Bike build  HERE.

Offline Adamsavage79

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
Re: Black Pie 5
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2018, 12:53:40 AM »
The motor I have now can go up to 55km/h and with my XTR rim brakes I'm able to stop very quickly, so I'm not overly worried about being able to stop. The front will be disc, but the back will have to be rim for now, as the frame doesn't have the mounts on the back. I would have to get an adaptor.

I was going to switch the casset from my current back wheel, to the motor. However, it would see I won't be able to do that. I have a bike cassette, and not a freewheel.