Author Topic: Battery problem?  (Read 9341 times)

Offline User1

• Confirmed
Re: Battery problem?
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2013, 12:26:35 PM »
I've charged the battery, the ammeter showed 300 mA, then stabilized at 40 mA. In a few days I'll check what happens at 50 V.

Offline User1

• Confirmed
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2013, 10:24:38 AM »
At 50 V it's exactly 0.00 A.
Thanks for all your help, I'll send the battery to the dealer and will tell you if the problem was solved :)

Offline User1

• Confirmed
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2014, 01:09:44 PM »
It took so long, because after sending the battery to the dealer and receiving it back, it stopped working before I could even check if the problem was solved, because water came inside when using in rain... So I had to send it back once again. Didn't know that the battery almost isn't water resistant at all, unlike other bike accessories using electricity.
And then winter came with temperatures below 0, so I didn't want to risk damaging the battery and sending it once again...
At last I managed to discharge the battery and it looks like everything is rather OK - it cuts out at far below 50 V (don't remember exactly), the lights on the throttle show "half" and "empty" before the battery is completely discharged, and charging takes a few hours. Thanks again for your help, at least everything works now :)

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: Battery problem sorted
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2014, 03:04:53 PM »
It's good to hear you've finally got it sorted.

Now you need to find a cover like Andrew's:

Click on the above picture for more details.

Alan

« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 06:58:00 PM by Bikemad »

Offline User1

• Confirmed
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2014, 09:29:17 AM »
Yes, I will certainly use something like this, but mine will cover the key hole too. It was probably one of the places where water came in - the lock was damaged so badly that I could hardly remove the key from it...