Author Topic: VEC300 48V Problem  (Read 3754 times)

Offline Jhordan.dias

• Confirmed
VEC300 48V Problem
« on: February 12, 2017, 03:24:34 AM »
Hello, my name is Jhordan, I’m from Brazil. I am part of a team that built a solar boat for a college competition. In September 2016 we purchased from a dealer in Brazil a Golden Motor kit that included a HPM5000B 48V BLDC motor and a 48V VEC300 controller. We engaged the engine in the boat and during an accident, the controller went into the salt water and the motor did not work anymore. The controller indicated the mosfet protection error (LED flashing 6 times). After disassembling the controller, we identified that one of the capacitors of the power circuit board was damaged,  as shown in picture 1 attached. For this reason we would like to know in advance the data of the capacitor in question (identified in figure 2 attached) so that we can buy and replace it. In addition we would like the data of the other components or even the wiring diagram of the board so that we can replace other components that may be defective.

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: VEC300 48V Problem
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2017, 12:04:36 PM »
Hi Jhordan,

As GoldenMotor do not visit this forum on a regular basis, I suggest you email Andy Zhang at GoldenMotor China and see if he can help:

Unfortunately, it is very unlikely that GoldenMotor will release detailed circuit diagrams for their controllers, but if David cannot give you the information you require regarding the capacitor's value, I think you would then have to remove and measure the capacitance of one of the other three similar sized capacitors to obtain a rough value for the new capacitor required to replace the blown one.

Alternatively, GoldenMotor China may be able to repair the controller if you send the complete controller to them.

Please keep us informed of the progress with this controller.

Alan

« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 04:49:22 PM by Bikemad »