Author Topic: Re: 48v pie to 24v Pie?  (Read 2442 times)

Offline quxsand

• Confirmed
Re: 48v pie to 24v Pie?
« on: June 29, 2012, 01:10:23 AM »
hi all:)
           Ive been trying to get my MP3 to run on a 24v 8ah lipo. I reprogramed the controller to 24v and tried the battery and
all I get is a low volt studder and my throttle reads red. Am I missing something to get this thing working?
Any help would be much appreciated:) thax.

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: Running an MPIII on 24v LiPo
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2012, 01:31:54 PM »
Hi andto the forum.

When you say 24V, are you using a 22.2V 6 cell or a 25.9V 7 cell LiPo pack?

My MPII runs on a 7 cell LiPo pack without any problem, but I chose not to use a 6 cell pack because the voltage sag under load would be getting very close to the controller's low voltage cut off.

I'm not sure what you mean by a low voltage studder, but the single Red LED on the battery gauge would be normal if using a 36V or 48V  throttle with a 24V battery.

I suggest you reconnect your programming cable and click "Connect" and "GetConfig" and check that the 24V option button is selected. Also check the speed scales are still on Max.

Yours should look similar to this:

I decided to try a quick test on my MPIII before posting this replay, so I have just tried to run it on a 6 cell LiPo pack and it would not run, it works fine on a 7 cell pack, but when I plugged in the 6 cell pack I noticed a slight kick from the wheel as I increased the throttle, and then nothing :(.

It would appear that the LVC on the MPIII's controller is possibly set at least 3V too high for a 24V battery, as my 6 cell LiPo pack was reading 24.5V and there would have been very little voltage sag as the wheel was under no load and was raised off the ground when it refused to run.

I would have expected the LVC to be triggered at around 21V not 24.5V. ::)

So, if you're using a LiPo pack, you will need a minimum of 7cells (25.9V nominal, 29.4V fully charged).

Alan

« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 03:17:15 PM by Bikemad »