Author Topic: Anyone found a good torque arm?  (Read 7767 times)

Offline mike662

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
Anyone found a good torque arm?
« on: June 03, 2010, 01:58:28 AM »
I've been looking at this since I don't see a rear torque arm on ebike.ca: http://cgi.ebay.ca/Electric-Bike-Torque-Arm_W0QQitemZ310220047394QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item483a8e4422#ht_1152wt_911

Any opinions?

Also, what dimensions are the axles for the 1000w 48V hub? Is it 14mm?

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
Re: Anyone found a good torque arm?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2010, 02:08:38 AM »
That looks fine mike.

Bring it on

Offline mike662

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2010, 02:19:47 AM »
Hi Leslie,

Is it the 14mm that I need or the 12mm? I think it's the 14 but I'm not sure as I could not find specifics anywhere.

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2010, 02:33:07 AM »
Notice the hole isnt round.

I measured 14mm on my HBS36.

I think its perfect.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 02:35:04 AM by 317537 »

Bring it on

Offline mike662

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2010, 02:35:08 AM »
Sweet deal thanks!

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2010, 12:38:22 PM »
I have these, they are for front wheel setups but are so adjustable they may fit the rear as well.

http://www.goldenmotor.ca/shopping/pgm-more_information.php?id=110&=SID#MOREINFO

Gary

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2010, 04:58:17 AM »
I have these, they are for front wheel setups but are so adjustable they may fit the rear as well.

http://www.goldenmotor.ca/shopping/pgm-more_information.php?id=110&=SID#MOREINFO

Gary

I didnt know about the GM torque arms.  Those type with the nut and bolt setup.

Ive always simutaed why a torque arm is needed in my head.  And thought of what happens when the axel attempts to spin out of the dropouts acceleration or regen.  

Edit:

The effect of the pivot on the spinning axel during regen with torque faced forward like the picture causes the arm to push the axel out of the dropout and pull the axel into the dropout during acceleration and pull in during accleration. And when faced opposite the effect opposite .  The stadard torque arm may have a different action not having the bolt there.

In any case its wise to do the bolt up very tight at all times.  Oops And on the left side if you use strong regen.

And installed like it is in faced the way in the GM picture or in reversed orientation for strong acceleration.  I think it should make a difference to these type torque arms.

I would prolly use 2 torque arms.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 06:05:18 AM by 317537 »

Bring it on

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2010, 11:10:47 AM »

I didnt know about the GM torque arms.  Those type with the nut and bolt setup.

Please don't be mistaken, these are NOT GM torque arms. They are from another dealer in Canada. They make these as well as the Cycle analyst. I carry these as accessories so that people can add them to kits and I include them with no additional shipping upon request. These two items GM does not supply, but I do as I feel they are the best at what I have seen out there.  The only reason I carry these products is because GM has no equivalent. Everything else I have is all GM products. I feel GM products are better then anything else in all other catagories and am happy to be a GM dealer.

Gary