Author Topic: battery racks  (Read 4793 times)

Offline trumpetbum

battery racks
« on: June 01, 2010, 11:22:31 PM »
i have both types of racks.. the one that just mounts on the seat post, and the one that looks more like a traditional rear bike rack

i also have double suspension bike that i'm trying to use this on... although I could move it to my older non-suspension bike

the first type of rack is great, but I find that the supplied bracket is too large for the seat post, so its a challenge keeping it tight... any ideas??/

also, I would like to use the second type of rack, but having a hard time finding a good pic of how to mount it.... especially on a suspension bike...thanks gary.. for the pic you sent of the bottom part of the mounting process.... I also need to see how to do the top part, or maybe a better way?/   

also wondering how the suspension might affect the rack...

thanks in advance!

oh... and wondering why the controller box isnt deeper... hmmm...

Offline vapid2323

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
Re: battery racks
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2010, 12:29:52 AM »
I cut up an old bike inner tube and used that to wrap around the seat post. That helped limit the gap quite a bit.

Offline Cornelius

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
  • Grimstad, Norway
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2010, 05:41:34 AM »
For the traditional rack, I had to replace those two arms going forward and fasten them at the suspension bolt:

Offline GM Brazil

• Confirmed
  • Master of Magic
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2010, 05:40:21 PM »
For the traditional rack, I had to replace those two arms going forward and fasten them at the suspension bolt:

Clever solution! :D