Author Topic: MAGIC PIE 26" DOES NOT RUN  (Read 2622 times)

Offline KY33037

• Confirmed
MAGIC PIE 26" DOES NOT RUN
« on: November 30, 2016, 12:26:23 PM »
New to the forum. I have a 26" Magic Pie 48 volt with external controller v2 25 amp, bike use to jerk at start up after talking to Gary he told me that 1 beep means  that hall affects where bad I replace them. now does not run at all please need help on diagnostic.

Thanks Oscar

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: Magic Pie 26" DOES NOT RUN
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2016, 11:57:50 PM »
On the external controllers, Hall sensor failure is usually indicated with two beeps.

Did you check that the Hall sensors were faulty before you replaced them?

Hall sensors can also be damaged if too much heat is applied for too long during the soldering process.
Did you check that the Hall sensors were operating correctly after you replaced them?

Take a look at this post and this video for more details on testing the operation of the Hall sensors.

The external controllers should operate in sensorless mode if the Hall sensors have failed (or have been unplugged) but the wheel must be turning before the throttle has any effect on the motor.  ;)

If it doesn't run at all, it could be a fault with the battery supply, Phase wires/connections, wiring harness, brake switches, throttle/Pedelec sensor unit, or the controller itself.

Alan

Offline KY33037

• Confirmed
Re: Magic Pie 26" DOES NOT RUN
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2016, 06:15:30 PM »
Thanks Allen bad cooneection at the controller plug.

Oscar