Author Topic: Trying to control a Motenergy PMSM with a GM HPC500 controller  (Read 3971 times)

Offline Marco0170

• Confirmed
hi from Italy,

i am building an e-gokart. I am trying to control a motenergy PMSM with a GM hpc 500 controller.
so far I wasn't able to make it run. only slight movements on the shaft but never more than a single turn.
I desperately tried almost all the possible logic/wiring and configuration combinations.
is this motor/controller setup possible? are there anyone out there that can give me an helping hand?

i do not now how to solve this.

here below some info regarding the motor:

High efficient permanent magnet brushless DC motor. Designed for long life. No brush maintenance. The motor has peak efficiency of 93 % at voltages between 24 - 96 VDC continuous current of 250 amps at 96 VDC. This is a 3-phase, Y-connected Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor with an axial air gap.

Continuous Power (kW):   22,32
Peak Power (kW):   51,6
Rated Continuous Current (A):   250
Peak Current for 1 min (A):   650
Voltage Controller max (V):   96
Peak Stall Torque (Nm):   88
Rated Torque (Nm):   33
Efficiency (%):   93
Turns per Phase   20
Resistance L-L (ohm):   0,0063
Inductance @ 1kHz (mH):   0,066
Inductance @ 120 Hz (mH):   
Voltage Constant (V/RPM):   
Torque Constant (Nm/A):   
RMP max (1/min):   6500
Weight (kg):   16,8
Temperature Sensor:   KTY84-130
Encoder Type:   Sine/Cosine

thanks in advance

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: Trying to control a Motenergy PMSM with a GM HPC500 controller
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2014, 06:27:55 PM »
Hi Marco andto the forum.

Unfortunately I don't think anyone here will be able to help, but it certainly doesn't hurt to ask.

GM would probably be able to advise you if it were a problem using their controller with their own motor, but I wouldn't expect them to have experience of using their controllers with other manufacturer's motors.

I suggest you post your information over on the Endless-Sphere forum and see if anyone there has come across a similar problem.

Alan

« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 03:36:03 PM by Bikemad »