Author Topic: BAC-028X Motor Controller Manual and Wiring Diagram Inconsistent  (Read 6201 times)

Offline oldbiker

• Confirmed
If one is to believe the wiring diagram for the BAC-028X Motor Controller @ http://www.goldenmotor.com/ then the manual, at the same place, is wrong.
The diagram shows that you short the horn connection to activate the alarm; whereas the manual states that you must short the cruise control in order to activate the alarm.
In any case this may be the cause for many misunderstandings on how to use the alarm system, and GM should make the necessary corrections.
It seems a bit ridiculous that one should sound their horn for 10 seconds in order to set the alarm.
I have tried a switch in the position shown, from the small red wire of the V+ to G, and the only thing that occurs is the LED lights to the throttle switch on/off. The power remains on and holding the cruise button for 10 seconds does nothing.
This amounts to the alarm being useless until GM creates a fix.
There is a splice in the horn wire to H as though some one attempted that as a fix.
Evidently the vender sent me a used item. There is no label on the controller so I have to accept what is on the invoice; BAC-028X
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 04:13:28 AM by oldbiker »

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
Re: BAC-028X Motor Controller Manual and Wiring Diagram Inconsistent
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2010, 02:44:13 AM »
6. Anti-theft alarm setting:
Logically switch off power to motor (called soft-switch, controller is still on) and take out the battery key,
within 10 seconds depress the cruise control button till one beep sound, then release the cruise control
button, the vehicle is now protected from theft and motor is electrically locked. Any small movement of
vehicle will trigger the siren for 30 seconds, and wheel will make resistance from pedaling.

Does this work?

Bring it on

Offline oldbiker

• Confirmed
Re: BAC-028X Motor Controller Manual and Wiring Diagram Inconsistent
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2010, 04:42:34 AM »
No, that does not work! I have been very careful making the proper connections. The horn works as does cruise control, and reverse.
In following directions I installed a switch on the + lead to G.
Turning off the switch to G has no affect on the alarm: power remains active to the controller.
The cruise button is located above the horn button on the device provided by GM.
Either I have a defective controller or the instructions are wrong.
The Cruise Control User Guide and the schematic do not agree.