Author Topic: Golden Motor Brazil - Tesla Motor webpage first approach!  (Read 7040 times)

Offline GM Brazil

• Confirmed
  • Master of Magic
Golden Motor Brazil - Tesla Motor webpage first approach!
« on: April 09, 2010, 09:33:47 PM »
This is the first image for the webpage design, there is some modifications to be made, soon we have GM products at Brazil  ;D

« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 12:26:15 AM by GM Brazil »

Offline GM Brazil

• Confirmed
  • Master of Magic
Re: Golden Motor Brazil - Tesla Motor webpage first approach!
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2010, 12:32:59 AM »
Please, leave your comments about the design!  ::)

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2010, 12:44:21 AM »

Product descriptions are a bit too similar and I don't think that chains should be fitted on the left either.
(Flipping images is not recommended if you want it to look right)

Expecting customers to by 10 of each item might be a problem too. ;D
Apart from that, it's looking good. 

Alan

« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 07:09:13 PM by Bikemad »

Offline GM Brazil

• Confirmed
  • Master of Magic
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2010, 12:54:23 AM »
LOL

Good point about the inverted bike :D I did not noted that, but this is just the design study delivery by the company witch is developing the page, so this is just for discuss the overall design, but I'll tell them about this. The descriptions are like the 123456 prices and numbers, they mean nothing even to me  :P

The 10x thing is the price divided in 10, not the number of items, so you can pay in 10 months, a very common way to buy here :D It is like, the product costs 1000, and you can pay 100 a month in 10 months ;)

Thank you Alan for you comments!! :D 

Bruno

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2010, 02:57:19 AM »

I like it! Boy that Alan has an Eagle eye doesn't he? He is one amazingly observant guy. The page look is very appealing and easy to look at. Nice to see someone else put some effort into a website. I'm not really sure how my site looks to other people, But I hope it looks like I at least try. No offence but some of the other GM websites blow! Whoops did I say that out loud?  Looking forward to seeing the rest of the site. Welcome to the Club Bruno!

Enjoy the Ride!
Gary

Offline GM Brazil

• Confirmed
  • Master of Magic
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2010, 11:04:03 PM »
Thank you Gary!

An eagle eye for sure, I always read carefully everything Alan posts here, he is the Tech Master of the GM products, sometimes feels like he is an undercover GM agent LOL!!! By the way Alan, I will use your flange design and see if it will be not so expensive to apply it in all the actual Pies I ordered. The Brazilians are very demanding customers and I'm sure they will complain a lot about the off center problem. My alternative solution to this, If they start to complain, will be to offer some discount at the disk brake sets for the Magic Pie clients.

Gary, I thing the GM site itself blow too :D They have such a good product and a website that looks the first webpages I saw in 1994. If all the GM websile was like the accessories sections it would be nice, that part looks very well!

My webpage is being developed by a company called Polvo (octupus in portuguese) I recommend them, they create very nice looking websites, if anyone wants to contact them the e-mail is contato@polvo.com.br.

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2010, 02:20:32 AM »
Looks good mate.

If I lived in Brazil I would buy online at your store.

Bring it on

Offline martin

• Confirmed
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2010, 10:06:06 PM »
Hey, sorry, if you don't mind me butting in....

My main concern with buying from GM originally when I was looking at the MP was the presentation of the website, we worry a lot about suspicious looking sites in the UK - frames driven in old tables format, no xhtml/css compliance (looks dated) - also no identity information and not verified in any shape or form (click on the favicon next to the URL).

GM Brazil - if its built right, your going to get a cracking site! (from a web designer/builder!)

Offline GM Brazil

• Confirmed
  • Master of Magic
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2010, 12:39:05 AM »
Hey, sorry, if you don't mind me butting in....

No problem Martin, the reason I posted this is to receive a feedback of the design, anyone is allowed to leave comments!  8)

My main concern with buying from GM originally when I was looking at the MP was the presentation of the website, we worry a lot about suspicious looking sites in the UK - frames driven in old tables format, no xhtml/css compliance (looks dated) - also no identity information and not verified in any shape or form (click on the favicon next to the URL).
I had this concern about GM too and I decided to go on based on this and other forums around the web, all they have good reviews about GM products and those who had problems they was quickly solved. Also, the presence of Yao at these forums encourage me to believe that GM is a company that is looking forward to have a better product. I already recommended them to create a new and more professional website, they MUST do it. I will not link the GM website in my page because the bad look of it can drive my clients away. I'll put their logo, but not the link.

Yao, if you read this: Sorry, but it is true, you need a more professional website, this is the real face of GM to any clients around the world and potential dealers like me. By the new products photos we can see that you are already looking for better looking quality but still need a better website! You are lucky that I decided based on costumers experience to chose GM, not your website, and most of people are not like me, the website will be a very important factor.

GM Brazil - if its built right, your going to get a cracking site! (from a web designer/builder!)
Thank you very much! I did not try to do it by myself, I'm an engineer and not a web designer, so I gave this work to a specialized company. It is not the cheapest way, but the webpage today is the face of any company and a bad website can drive a lot of costumers far far away. I like to leave the work at the hands of true professionals! This will guarantee that my company looks as good as the products I sell  ;)

Offline GM Brazil

• Confirmed
  • Master of Magic
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2010, 08:05:28 PM »
Some small modification with the menu above, now it is the final design version! Now the products boxes have round edges ans the menu is looking like a menu and not lost words in heaven.

By the way, GM made a better version of the dealers page!! Much nicer!

Offline GM Brazil

• Confirmed
  • Master of Magic
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2010, 01:34:52 AM »
We have new designs!

These are the design for the main page, products , specific product, user registration pages!

All the text means nothing even in Portuguese, I think that is something in Latin just to fill. The prices and other numbers are just "123456": these are design studies.

ps.: Alan, now the bike is at the correct side ;)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 01:36:24 AM by GM Brazil »

Offline GM Brazil

• Confirmed
  • Master of Magic
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2010, 01:35:41 AM »
And these are the FAQ and contact pages  ;D