Author Topic: Cable lengths?  (Read 4221 times)

Offline Bubba

• Confirmed
Cable lengths?
« on: February 08, 2017, 08:24:27 AM »
Hello, I'm Bubba. Only have the 1 question which I've been unable to find as yet and which I need answered prior to my purchase. I want to know the lengths of all cables which originate or terminate at the grip ends of the handlebars, as my bike has 13.5 inch ape hangers. Your assistance is appreciated.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 08:51:32 AM by bubba »

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: Cable lengths?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2017, 12:27:22 PM »
Hi Bubba andto the forum.

Unfortunately you haven't mentioned which kit you are interested in, so I'm assuming it will either be a Magic Pie 5 or Smart Pie 5:

The control harness for these motors is pictured separately below:

The length of cable between the controls and the four way junction box is approximately 22" or 56cm, which should be more than enough for your 13.5" ape hangers.

The cruise/horn button unit would usually be mounted on the opposite side of the handle bars along with the other brake lever (not shown in the photo).
I have it mounted (along with the throttle and brake lever assemblies) onto a piece of 22mm copper pipe so that I can operate all functions with just one hand when I'm bench testing motors.  ;)

Alan

« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 09:50:53 AM by Bikemad »

Offline Bubba

• Confirmed
Re: Cable lengths?
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2017, 02:50:16 PM »
Yes, you are correct: MP5. Thank you for the welcome and numbers. It's good to be here with everyone.