Author Topic: Dual motors  (Read 3755 times)

Offline pirontas

• Confirmed
Dual motors
« on: September 16, 2012, 03:41:17 PM »
Hi, I'm Jeff from Lexington KY. Just bought a 902 motor as part of a dual-motor and battery setup, and I'm messing around with the settings to see what works best. At first I wired it together with the throttle for my other motor (AmpedBikes DD motor, Infineon controller 25A, running at 48v) with the Magic controller set to 24v/10A/20A peak, RPM 100, Speed 100. The 902 motor would cut out whenever I went full throttle, which I imagine was because the controller was pulling more than 20A. Maybe it was trying to keep up with the 48v motor which would be a problem.

So I added a second throttle and wired it just to the Magic controller, with the idea that if I can't solve the problem then at least I'll have control of the 902 motor independently. At the same time I dropped the RPM setting down to 0. The performance was pretty bad but it never cut out, even when I kept it at full throttle while the other motor pushed me over 25mph. At that point I'm sure the 902 wasn't helping me along, but, it kept trying ;D

Now I'm wondering if the only issue was that the throttles were wired together at first. I bumped the RPMs back up to 100 and I'll see how it goes. If it cuts out I'll drop it down to 90 etc. Could the speed setting at 100 be a problem?

By the way I had to change the phase setting from 60 to 120. This may only be for the 902 motor, I don't know.

Offline pirontas

• Confirmed
Re: Dual motors
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 02:50:36 AM »
All is good now that I'm using 2 throttles. The 902 motor hasn't cut out since.