Author Topic: VEC500 Reverse mode doesnt work  (Read 5885 times)

Offline Mehmet_erdo

• Confirmed
VEC500 Reverse mode doesnt work
« on: October 06, 2015, 09:33:06 AM »
Hi
I've got a VEC500 and BLDC motor & want to ask some questions about reverse mode.
Please activate my account!
Thanks!

« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 08:09:32 PM by Bikemad »

Offline Mehmet_erdo

• Confirmed
Re: VEC500 Reverse mode
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2015, 11:02:05 AM »
hi
I have VEC500 controller and 10kW BLDC motor. I have problem with reverse mode. When I make ground the reverse cable (which is yellow and black one) and start it, doesnt turn the other direction. But when I am doing th same thing on brake cables its braking.

How can I make it?
thanks

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2015, 11:28:30 AM »
Hi Mehmet andto the forum.

I couldn't see any mention of a Yellow and Black wire on the diagram so I presume you must have a slightly different harness to the one shown.

If you are definitely using the correct wires, perhaps some of the controller's programmable  parameters may need to be altered to enable Reverse to work correctly.

If you cannot get it to work by adjusting the controller settings, then I suggest you contact David at GM China to see if he can explain how to activate the reverse function.

Please post the solution here so that others who may be having the same problem can find it.

Alan

« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 08:09:53 PM by Bikemad »

Offline Mehmet_erdo

• Confirmed
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2015, 11:48:44 AM »
Thanks for replying so fast Alan:)

In this diagram brown and black cables but my controller its yellow and black. Anyway I am sure that.

How can I enable reverse mode? I try to do that on software which is PI-800. But it  cant work. And if there is anybody who has the same motor and can make reverse mode, they maybe help me how can I do it.

Thanks..   
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 11:54:25 AM by Mehmet_erdo »

Offline Mehmet_erdo

• Confirmed
Re: VEC500 Reverse mode doesnt work
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2015, 08:53:01 AM »
And There is no button for make enable to reverse mode in this software. I am still working on to reverse it but I coudnt figure it out yet.

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2015, 10:38:51 AM »
The Reverse option appears to be enabled:

I guess there must be a problem with either the wiring of the reverse switch or the controller itself.

Have you sent an email to David? If you have sent an email and didn't get a response it is probably because of the recent week-long Chinese holiday and the typical backlog of emails that he would have to work through upon returning to work.

Are your Black and Yellow reverse wires connected to pins 6 and 17 of the connector like the Black and Brown forward/reverse wires shown in this diagram:

Have you tried the Cruise function? It appears to use the same Black wire (presumably Ground) as reverse, so being able to activate the cruise function would at least confirm that the common ground wire was connected correctly. ;)

Alan

« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 10:45:48 PM by Bikemad »

Offline Mehmet_erdo

• Confirmed
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2015, 06:18:02 PM »
I tried lots of possibilities and Reverse-Speed-Loop enable and disable also one of them.

I am thinking that might be problem on the controller itself. I sent an e-mail to David but I think he is dealing lots of mail moreover I have stil hope to get answers from him.

All black wires are same (ground) I check it with multimeter diode test.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 06:21:42 PM by Mehmet_erdo »

Offline Morgen 3Eman

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2015, 08:53:57 PM »
Hi,

To confirm the controller is most probably at fault, use your multimeter to test if the reverse (Brown) wire goes up and down when the reverse switch is activated. 

To do so, connect your DVM to ground at the controller and to the brown wire at the controller.  Set the DVM to Volts DC.  Apply power to the system and note what the voltage is.  My guess is it will be something  around 4.5 VDC.  Flip the reverse switch and the voltage should drop to something around 0, and should return to  the hi reading when the switch is returned to normal .  (Obviously the readings could be just the other way around).  If the pin goes up and down, the problem would seem to be localized to the controller. 

TTFN,
Dennis

Offline Gutkowski

• Confirmed
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2015, 12:24:21 PM »
I have the exact same problem. Interested to know your outcome.