Author Topic: New member with Magic Pie  (Read 7709 times)

Offline Llandyw

• Confirmed
Magic Pie ? owner
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2016, 11:37:00 PM »
Not sure which version it is.  It's the one with the wiring coming out through the axle.

The spokes are beginning to corrode, and I'd like to replace them.  I'd already sent an email to sales@goldenmotor.com about 2 weeks ago and have had no response.

These are the spokes that are quite short.  I'd done a quick length check and they're about 4.5 inches long.  I don't have an exact measurement though since I don't want to remove any of them till I can replace them all.

Anyone have any idea where I can get a spoke kit?

Andy

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: Magic Pie ? owner
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2016, 09:59:30 AM »
Hi Andy andto the forum.

Unfortunately there are many factors that affect the required spoke length, including the hub diameter (this varies with motor type), Rim diameter and type (conventional or deep "V" section rim), spoke pattern (crossed, radial or paired holes etc.) which makes it very difficult to predict which spoke length you will require.

Even Magic Pies with the same diameter (and fitted with identical GM rims) require spokes of different lengths to allow for the different spoke patterns:

Not sure which version it is.  It's the one with the wiring coming out through the axle.

If the wire is coming out of the end of the hollow axle, it is unlikely to be a Magic Pie. Take a look at the picture in the previous posts to see if you can identify the motor type.

If you can't recognise the motor type, perhaps you can post a picture of your motor to help us to identify it.

Alan

« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 04:46:55 PM by Bikemad »