Author Topic: new Smart Pie 4 wont spin /controller shows data packet length error  (Read 4551 times)

Offline Yonkers

• Confirmed
4) Click the “Connect” icon and wait for the timeout error.
5) Then connect the battery power!!
The controller should instantly connect and the relevant parameters should automatically be uploaded and displayed.
when I do this the message I get is
"data packet length error"
ithe smartpie4 wheel would also not spin up when first connected, 48v battery used , so  I had no need to change controller settings initially.
i opened  a support ticket on this, I did hear a loud  pop when I turned the battery key to on, the first time, it sounded like it came from controller.
all the wires and connection to battery were in place and tight, this was not the pop from battery and live ckt
will take controller out if I know what to test for,
 I cannot access the controller to change any options I can tell I connected by the change in error messages when I turn the key
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 02:03:03 AM by Yonkers »

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: new Smart Pie 4 wont spin /controller shows data packet length error
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2015, 11:59:03 AM »
The smartpie4 wheel would also not spin up when first connected, 48v battery used , so  I had no need to change controller settings initially.

I'm a bit confused by this contradictory statement, has this motor run at all since you've had it, and if so, what voltage battery was it working with?

Are you now trying to use it with a different voltage battery?

If you have never been able to connect properly to the controller using your current software, it might be worth trying different versions of the software as it can sometimes make a difference:

Alan

« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 06:34:50 PM by Bikemad »