Author Topic: What advisable and what is right in this issu(MP4)?  (Read 2552 times)

Offline Abe

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
What advisable and what is right in this issu(MP4)?
« on: July 30, 2015, 03:48:26 PM »
Hello Alan,
What advisable and what is right in this issue?
I use a battery type: kit of 16 batteries 40152 LiFePO4 Battery Cell 3.2V 15AH, ie 48V and the weight of 8 kg.
The batteries and motor together weigh about 15 kg and are in the back so that the center of gravity behind.
In the past I tried to install the batteries in the center of the bike but unfortunately there was no place for it.
I think remove four batteries means that: the voltage will be 36V and weight decreased by 2 kg
, And it is very possible that the batteries can be put in the center of the bike.
Questions:
1. There is a very negative connotation streamlining of the motor now?
2. Is it possible to use the same controller bms but only 12 cells to connect?
3. What do you recommend?

Thank you,
Abe

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: What advisable and what is right in this issu(MP4)?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2015, 09:07:01 PM »
Hi Abe,

Running an MP4 on 36V instead of 48V will give a lower top speed and a reduction in the maximum available power but I don't know whether your battery's existing BMS will operate correctly on just 12 cells.

You could purchase a cheap 30A 12S BMS board which would definitely be OK with 12 cells, but don't forget that you would also need a different charger with a 43.8V regulated output instead of the 58.4V regulated output required for charging the 48V LiFePO4 pack.

If you don't have enough room to physically accommodate the 16 cells then a 36V pack might be a practical alternative.

Alan

Offline Abe

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
Re: What advisable and what is right in this issu(MP4)?
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2015, 05:41:05 AM »
Thank you so MUCH !