Author Topic: Error Code on BAC-601  (Read 6039 times)

Offline Vipermn

• Confirmed
Error Code on BAC-601
« on: March 10, 2015, 03:30:04 AM »
Hi Everyone! :)

I was wondering if anyone knows where  can obtain a list of the error codes for the BAC-601 from GM. I have the error code "E65" appearing periodically on my BAC-601 and I do not know what it means. Anyone?

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: Error Code on BAC-601
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2015, 10:48:26 AM »
Hi Jack, I've only ever seen codes 1, 2, 4, 8 and 9 on my display while testing it with many different configurations etc. and I can only find ten error codes as listed in the User Guide:

When a fault code appears the "ERROR" text is also displayed beneath it:

Did you notice if the "ERROR" text message was displayed, or could it have been something else?

Unfortunately, I can't recall what happens when the power output exceeds the 999 Watt display limit, whether it stays at 999 or changes to and overload display because it cannot display all the digits.

Is it just the "E65" code or have you noticed any other numbers with an "E" prefix?

Alan

« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 10:43:21 PM by Bikemad »

Offline Vipermn

• Confirmed
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2015, 05:26:22 PM »
There was only the "E65" in the area. The word "ERROR" was not there but I assumed it was an error because normally there is a number where the E was. Nothing unusual was happening at the time it showed up except that I had just reached a top speed of 33.7 mph while riding down a very steep hill with WOT and then for a short time immediately after that I was able to reach a maximum speed of 30.6 mph on level ground with WOT. Normally I max out between 26.5 mph and 28.0 mph. And I might be mistaken but I don't think I have ever been able to get up to 33 mph no matter how steep a hill is. Right now it's raining so I can't go up to the hill to try to recreate the scenario but as soon as it dries up I will try it again. Thanks for responding. You ARE the GM Man! :)

Offline Vipermn

• Confirmed
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2015, 06:22:15 PM »
I have not seen any other numbers other than 65 and the word ERROR was not lit. I guess maybe it wasn't an error. What do you think?

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2015, 09:56:13 PM »
As the "ERROR" text was not displayed, I think it is unlikely to be a fault code so I'm guessing it might just be a glitch in the  display's firmware.

It may be similar to the over-range display "1 ." that's appears on a digital voltmeter display when you try measuring a high voltage with the meter set on a low voltage range. I think the "E" might have something to do with the value being Excessive (>999) and it therefore Exceeds the maximum value that will fit on a three digit display.

Alan