Author Topic: usb cable 200I not matching Magic Pie 3 cable - please help identify wires  (Read 5590 times)

Offline Sanfrancisco

• Confirmed
Hello,
I wonder if those of you who used to program Magic Pie would help me with connecting the usb cable to Magic Pie 3.

When I order the cable and the Magic Pie 3 from China, there seem to be different endings. I am attaching a picture. Their website indicated that the cable should work for Magic Pie 2 and above.

Thank you for your help.

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
The wheel is a MP3 and the cable is for an MP2. There still currently are no MP3 USB cables in existance. I am hounding them daily to get it done! I have considered stripping the wires to see if the internal colours match and trying a temporary hookup. But its to risky.

Gary

Offline Sanfrancisco

• Confirmed
I emailed China and they apologized and said that they would send me the correct cable. Their website was misleading showing the same cable for MP2 and MP3.
After the email they changed it.
Thanks

Offline MonkeyMagic

• Cheeky Chimp
  • Technical Officer
  • PhD. Magic
Awesome !!!

Offline Sanfrancisco

• Confirmed
Actually technical support from Magic Pie in China gets better. They quickly sent me the correct Magic Pie 3 usb cable. I now can alter the settings, however, in each case the settings seem to be less powerful than the hoped for 35A continuous on 48V....

Offline Morgen 3Eman

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
hey, Sanfrancisco,

I bought an MP3 and my cable connectors look like the one in your photo, but I have one wire set without any termination.  Could you snap a photo of your new connector ends so I can confirm  what I have?

Thanks,
Dennis

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
This photo may help..

Gary

Offline Sanfrancisco

• Confirmed
Sure, just that I am away at the moment, but the pix that Gary included would be helpful. The new usb Magic Pie 3 cable has two ends. One usb and the other is an 8 pin, the same as you use to connect all wires to the motor. In Gary's pix this is the connector marked by a blue circle. And it is the only connector with 8 pins.

Offline Morgen 3Eman

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
So what can we hook up to the speedometer connector?  got any brand names?

TTNF,
Dennis

Offline Henry Chang

• Confirmed
I bought an MP III and my cable connectors look like the one in your photo, but I have one wire set without any termination.  Could you snap a photo of your new connector ends so I can confirm  what I have?

;D
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 12:45:11 PM by GM Moderator »

Offline Morgen 3Eman

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
Xie xie, Henry.  You brought a smile to my face and laugh to my lips.

TTFN,
Dennis