Author Topic: UK REPAIR AND MAINTENANCE  (Read 3619 times)

Offline Rob9771

UK REPAIR AND MAINTENANCE
« on: October 09, 2010, 07:47:57 AM »
Is there anyone in the UK that can / will be able to resolve repair issues on Golden Motor products ?
I have contacted Alien Ocean but their service is only for their own customers. As I purchased direct from China
there is not much I can do other than mess around with it myself and I have absolutely zero experience with
motors and electrics.
I would happily pay anyone that can fix the problems I am having - maybe there is a shop or a small business that could do
this - I dare say they would be very busy !

Cheers
Rob

Offline Andrew

• AKA The Artful Bodger
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
  • I'm here to learn.
Re: UK REPAIR AND MAINTENANCE
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2010, 07:58:45 AM »
Hi Rob,
I've just ordered from China, and although i've saved myself £200,  I find myself in the same situation as you.

Is it worth the extra £200 for a 12 month warranty with Alien Ocean???

My order has not been sent out from China as yet, but I must admit i'm getting cold feet due many issues arising with the motors and controllers.

I wish I could help you, lets hope someone steps up to the challenge!

Anyone? :(

Rgds

Andrew

Offline Andrew

• AKA The Artful Bodger
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
  • I'm here to learn.
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2010, 08:06:41 AM »
One suggestion is to find a local Electric bike supplier. there is one local to me in Cardiff and  I have befriended the owner, it turns out his and his collegues background is electrical engineering. he's quite intrigued by the MP and is very aware of it  but has not come across one yet.

this is the place... http://www.fullchargeahead.com/cgi-bin/ccp51/cp-app.cgi

Andrew :)

Offline Rob9771

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2010, 11:27:54 AM »
As I purchased mine through my ltd company I now expect a bill from TNT for import taxes.
To anyone thinking of buying from China to save money I would suggest you negotiate with Alien Ocean first
as having no warranty help is useless.

Offline MonkeyMagic

• Cheeky Chimp
  • Technical Officer
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2010, 02:47:16 PM »
Hey robbles if your kit was $1000+ then it can ring some bells in cases. Honestly I have ONLY found this with TNT.
UPS, EMS and others I never incur a 'customs duty' or 'quarantine' tax.

Example - Ordered a quantity of LCD monitors from China direct, used TNT - Paid quarantine fees etc. that accumulated to a couple of hundred dollars.

I ordered the same quantity of LCD monitors from China using EMS, no import duty/quarantine fees at all... And it came fasted too lol
I'm in Australia, and there is pretty strict guidelines but not the worst.

TNT must get a commission of some sort....anyway I avoid using them where possible now.

Hope you don't get that bill !

« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 02:48:52 PM by MonkeyMagic »

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2010, 03:23:46 PM »
Hey robbles if your kit was $1000+ then it can ring some bells in cases. Honestly I have ONLY found this with TNT.
UPS, EMS and others I never incur a 'customs duty' or 'quarantine' tax.

Example - Ordered a quantity of LCD monitors from China direct, used TNT - Paid quarantine fees etc. that accumulated to a couple of hundred dollars.

I ordered the same quantity of LCD monitors from China using EMS, no import duty/quarantine fees at all... And it came fasted too lol
I'm in Australia, and there is pretty strict guidelines but not the worst.

TNT must get a commission of some sort....anyway I avoid using them where possible now.

Hope you don't get that bill !

Yeaaah TNT.

We get the sorry you weren’t home.  Call them up and they say there will be a redelivery fee charged to the sender.

Like, Wife home sitting at the door all day, triplet babies running around screaming and what not, garage door open and home brimming with life.

The last time they said they put a note in and there was none.  The childrens swing set had been at the depot for days.  Liars,

They sneaking up to the post box and doing a runner.  Creepy.

We had one agent in Lismore drop this note in our mail box for 6 mths with illegible or no contact number.  We had no idea it was TNT.  We showed a buddy and he told us who does this.

I found the agent with a garage full of goodies and showed her the card and she aggressively demanded a con number..  We contacted the sender (my wifes father) for the con number and after 6ths he’d lost it.

There was many occasions we found the note when the wife was home in the morning when we checked the mail every day waiting for the delivery of it..  Sneaky

We kept receiving this in a mail for another 6mths.  All the time we suspect the agent was charging redeliveries to head TNT office.

In essence we get the sense our parcel was being held for ransom to garner redelivery fees, we were screwed and never got the computer gear the wifes dad sent us.

« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 03:26:58 PM by 317537 »

Bring it on

Offline davidpaul

• Confirmed
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2010, 08:13:48 PM »
I didn't pay any tax when I imported mine.
 I find it odd that a UK dealer won't help with your probs, Would they help if you paid them ?

Offline Sundsvall

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
  • N 62° 23', E 17° 19'
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2010, 09:14:54 PM »
I wrote about FedEx in another post how they left a note at my home telling me to get my package at a storehouse. It was impossible though as they each day had it on the delivery car for a redelivery and refused to leave it at my home without a signature. I sorted it out with a signature on the first card which I hang up beside an instruction where to leave the package. Seven weeks later they send me an invoice for Swedish taxes and duty, with a claim I have to pay a pre-charge fee.

Everything isn’t the way it look.

Peter
Midsummer sun = up 02:54   down 22:51   angle 51,0° :)
Midwinter sun =    up 09:19   down14:18   angle 4,2° :(
Mean annual temperature = 3,1°C