Author Topic: Golden Motor 901-PRO  (Read 5817 times)

Offline eazyrider

• Confirmed
Golden Motor 901-PRO
« on: May 01, 2014, 04:09:20 PM »
Hey Guys,

it's been a while since I've been on the forum.
a few years ago, I decided that I would like a electric bike for commuting so I started looking around.
what bothered me the most was the price of a new electric bike in stores, back then the basic price was about 3000€ for a decent bike.
so maybe another option for me was to convert a mountain bike. luckily a came across the Golden motor website, where I found less expensive kit.
so I bought a Magic Pie III kit (just came out then) with a internal controller.
once I had put everything together, my adventure could begin.
at first I was very happy with the kit, it drove like a speer!
but then there came rain, and o dear the trouble started.
i'm going to save you guys from all details, but I can assure you that I've been messing around so much with all kind of things at my bike, that I really know how it works now! :-)
3 controllers and about 8 hallsensors later I thought it was about time to start a new project.
since the mountain bike never was a 'pretty' bike I was thinking about putting a new one together so I would have me some eye-candy. ;-)
since prices have dropped a lot  I bought me a Golden Motor 901- PRO kit with an 48v-20A battery pack.
I bought a secondhand bike for a good price, and my project started!
now, after 2 weeks I got a all 'new' bike for the third of the price you pay at stores (same specs)
must say I'm hoping this bike will last me a long time, since I find it wonderful to drive.
so, no bad comments or complaints this time, just a happy customer who has learned a lot through this forum! (especially Alan and Gary, who has always helped me a lot with problems I had)

so with no further delay, here are the pics of my bike (must say I'm kinda proud). ;-)
Keep on riding!!!

« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 04:56:43 PM by eazyrider »

Offline Pwd

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
Re: Golden Motor 901-PRO
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2014, 01:49:38 AM »
That is a clean looking bike, is that an on/off switch on your ammo can? Look like fun.

Offline eazyrider

• Confirmed
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2014, 04:46:46 PM »
hey thnx pwd, it's indeed a on/off switch :-)
it's for my batterypack.

grtz...

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2014, 01:15:23 PM »
Nice looking bike!

Where is the battery?

Gary

Offline eazyrider

• Confirmed
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2014, 11:02:13 AM »
Hi Gary,

just look at the pics, my battery and when installed. :-)

grtz...