Author Topic: Golden motors wheels need to specify the wheel size in ISO/ ETRTO , not inches  (Read 4028 times)

Offline Yonkers

• Confirmed
There are two different sizes of 16 inch wheels that are used on bikes, trikes , and bicycle  trailers. Golden motors needs to specify the correct size of  their wheel . There is approx 2 inch difference in wheel size. One wheel the one GM sells is the 305 ISO wheel , the greenspeed recumbent trike uses a 349 ISO  wheel
The blueprint of the 16 inch wheel I was unable to read due to the contrasting colors.
GM does NOT carry the popular 16 inch wheel that is used on the greenspeed tadpole  trikes, the wheel GM sells will not work on this trike due to clearance problems, it is about a 2 inch difference.
!6 inch tires that GM sells work on BOB type trailers, the front wheel of many BikeE recumbents
There are 5 different 26 inch wheels, again the need for listing the ISO/ ETRTO,
There is also a formula for figuring out what width tire will fit on the rim, a google search will find that,  I think a schwalbe   big apple is too wide  on a GM  305 X 20 rim ,

Offline AdamB

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
Without being as well versed in such matters, I have to agree... I still have not been able to even determine the type of tire mounts being used on their wheels, much less the ISO#s!

After struggling to figure it out & getting just about no where, I've resigned to just ordering the product (won't change my order) & figuring it out once I get it... I figure worst that happens is I have to have the wheels rebuilt with a better / different rims...

Since I already planned on pulling the existing spokes & replacing with high end double (maybe triple) butted spokes, it won't matter much in the end for me. Still I think it's something that should be listed on the description page for all to see!

Adam