Author Topic: Problem with Magic Pie 5 setup  (Read 2926 times)

Offline Eyjolfur

• Confirmed
Problem with Magic Pie 5 setup
« on: May 26, 2016, 05:48:32 PM »
Hello everyone.

I'm having a problem with my Magic Pie 5 setup;
My bluetooth app can access the controller, read settings power and all looks fine, but when I try and change settings I can't seem to be able to get it to write properly to the controller.

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: Problem with Magic Pie 5 setup
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2016, 10:31:06 PM »
Hi andto the forum.

After you have entered the required values, click on the second icon from the left to "Save parameters to controller":

Then click on "OK" when the following dialog box should be displayed:

You should now see the following message pop up on screen, confirming that the parameters in the controller have been successfully modified:

Do you receive this confirmation message on your screen?

I found that if I try to save parameter files to my phone instead of the controller, it will not work:

When I click on OK, I always receive the following error:

It's annoying that I cannot save parameter files on my phone, but at least I am able to change and save the settings direct to the controller, even though I cannot back them up on my phone.  ::)

I have to use screen shots to save a record of all specific settings that I regularly use, instead of simply saving a separate parameter file for each of these preferred settings.  :(

Alan

« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 09:29:28 PM by Bikemad »

Offline NR

• Confirmed
Re: Problem with Magic Pie 5 setup
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2016, 10:01:59 PM »
I had a cheap chinese android which could not write the changed settings, but my regular (oppo) phone works fine, so I guess it comes down to try different phones  :o