Author Topic: WARRANTY??? GM NO RESPONSE, WHAT TO DO?  (Read 14020 times)

Offline MonkeyMagic

• Cheeky Chimp
  • Technical Officer
  • PhD. Magic
Re: WARRANTY??? GM NO RESPONSE, WHAT TO DO?
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2010, 07:14:06 AM »
Hmm my thoughts are that not everyone has has a bad GM experience.

I've had 3 out of 4 good GM purchases, no offense to anyone really but I think this thread is becoming a bit of a flame thread and is a bit unnecessary.

I think enough opinions have been made and I'm sure they are working on it

:) peace

Offline Sundsvall

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
  • N 62° 23', E 17° 19'
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2010, 07:58:37 AM »
Agree with you Monkey.

Please don’t make them shut down this forum. Give them solutions on the problem instead of just repeating the same complaints. Solutions like hiring an English spoken mail answerer.

BikeMad’s suggestion on the spoke pattern and centring the rim is a good example on how they will adapt modifications.

Peter
Midsummer sun = up 02:54   down 22:51   angle 51,0° :)
Midwinter sun =    up 09:19   down14:18   angle 4,2° :(
Mean annual temperature = 3,1°C

Seatec

« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2010, 10:23:54 AM »
Well I just joined and was looking for a motor and see all the problems people are having and no reply from the company, what are people to expect, would you buy from a company that does business like this, that's why I said I would not take one if they gave it to me, but I like to see the company take the heat for doing a poor job it may wise them up and get their act together.   Wayne

Offline grecomaskara

• Confirmed
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2010, 12:55:42 PM »
XAXAXA... :D :D
They sells all over the world and they can not read our mails ;D ;D ;D
What other excuse shall we read?
It has past one month since my controller died, and no response.
And I am sure and TOM AND ALL THE GM TEAM READS OUR POSTS.
But I believe the problems are so many  that they can not take care to all the problems.
And I think that some gyus of you,  every time a customer has a problem with your support, then you go and write posts to calm down all this situation.
But this is no solution.The customers are more clever than you think.
It is more chepper to give us technical solution with no cost, but start to SPEAK WITH US.YOU SHALL WON MORE MONEY IF YOU DO IT NOW GM PEOPLE.

Offline karen

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2010, 06:50:19 PM »
It says you need to buy full kit and not use different batteries.... to have warranty. I think its a good idea for a company. However they need to reply to this iff thats the reason they don't respond.

Had some issues with my JoyEbike, and got good and quick respons from company.

I like my things to work at once and I understand the frustration.

More kits on the way:) Got mail from customs to day.

Offline TOM

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2010, 08:20:03 AM »
My new email address:tom@goldenmotor.com

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2010, 11:12:04 AM »
My new email address:tom@goldenmotor.com

Good decision, that makes it nice and easy to remember.

Alan

« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 08:04:42 PM by Bikemad »

Offline Spacey

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2010, 04:07:48 PM »
E-lmer

Dude you do not know me so don't post tripe about fishy sh*t going on, also don't insult my intelligence regarding how to order.

If you read my post you would have seen that I wanted just the motor in a wheel, let me repeat ..
..just a motor in a wheel........ But here is the hard bit that you seemed to have a problem with..........

I wanted it wired up for the external controller but...... And wait for it.......I did not want the 15 amp restricted controller that comes with it as I will be using my own controllers. Don't think that is possible on the ordering page.

As for wanting 50 units, you bet your arse I'm serious. We have 8 orders already and I do not want to be at the whim of waiting for delivery for each sale.

Also I emailed the Canadian distributor regarding ordering and he got back to me in a few hours and also followed up. Is that too much to ask for, as in a decent service with good communication, this is how it should be.

We are taking a risk ordering lots of moneys worth of gear especially when the warranty seems a bit flakey.  
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 04:09:31 PM by Spacey »

Offline Thaialien

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2010, 12:19:23 PM »
E-lmer

As for wanting 50 units, you bet your arse I'm serious. We have 8 orders already and I do not want to be at the whim of waiting for delivery for each sale.

Why do you not become Distributor ?
5000$   your 50 units will cost you more you could enjoy the wholesale and retail price !  Let alone what you buy in for ....5000$ IS WHAT YOU HAVE TO BUY STOCK........ TRAWL THE NET....there are other pages for GM dealership how you think I know it's 5000$.......on not  OR EMAIL ON WEB SITE...

this is on dealer page from GM site

quote"
 to Sign Up?

To set up your account with us, we would appreciate the following information and items:

1) Brief description of your business and location.
2) Business experience/customer service experience.
3) What advantages you have to resell or promote products locally.

Please attach the above items and E-mail them to sales@goldenmotor.com

Upon receipt of the above information and approval of your registration, we will be happy to forward to you the dealer/distributor discount information. Please note that there is a USD$5000.00 minimum initial net order. You can always buy samples to evalaute our product quality before you decide to become our dealer. We will list your contact detail on our website upon approval. You will immediately start to receive customer's calls and enquiries about our products, and sell to them to make profit. More than 50,000 unique vistors view Golden Motor web site monthly, and web traffic is doubled each year. "

IDEA!

Try to put a smile on the face of others it cost nothing ...by what you say !

Offline Spacey

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2010, 07:34:10 PM »
Maybe I'm testing the quality of the products and the communication from the company before I commit?

Offline Thaialien

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2010, 06:46:40 PM »
OK why do you not contact all the new dealers worldwide they have all gone on board 2010  !
i did and only got from one automated reply!
Try to put a smile on the face of others it cost nothing ...by what you say !

Offline Spacey

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2010, 08:38:03 PM »
I prefer to test the merchandise, delivery speed, communication and general feel of a company from the source.

Offline Spacey

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2010, 03:25:50 PM »
Actually we did send an email asking to become distributors here in the UK but never did receive and answer?