Author Topic: WARRANTY??? GM NO RESPONSE, WHAT TO DO?  (Read 14023 times)

Offline GoldenMotor

• GoldenMotor
  • Emperor
  • PhD. Magic
  • Dark Templar
    • GoldenMotor Youtube
WARRANTY??? GM NO RESPONSE, WHAT TO DO?
« on: August 17, 2010, 08:42:32 AM »
Hi all,

I know some of you have been suffering from a lack of response syndrome caused by us.

If you have:

1)No response within 5 working days.
2)To check whether your warranty claims are valid.
3)Issues with the MAGIC PIE or DUAL DRIVE.
4)A problem to complain about any forum member.

Please email me at yaoyuan@goldenmotor.com

(N.B. I must say first about those who have not bought a complete set from GM. If you have used GM batteries with other Motors and Controllers, your warranty claim will NOT be valid UNLESS it is a mechanical failure of the motor. If the PCB burns or FETS fail or anything of that sort, you must have used a complete GM kit, and proved that the failure is caused by something from GM, then you'll have a valid warranty claim and GM will replace/repair your product in the fastest way possible.)

Offline Thaialien

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
Re: WARRANTY??? GM NO RESPONSE, WHAT TO DO?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2010, 04:23:37 AM »
I personaly like variety.  Mix and match.  And so many other are like myself.  

Big can of worms you have opened Yuan.  What were you thinking when you wrote this OP.

I do understand that other batteries LVC could cause problems so make this obvious in the products description.  Like what is the LVC of the GM packs and GM controllers, this would be nice if it was written on the product description,

Half the newbies think they can run the magic controller at 2500 watts because it says 48v 50 amps on the site.  (YES WE ALL CAN READ THATS WHY PEOPLE ORDER !)

Can a GM controller run a wheel at 2500 watts? (MAYBE 2400 WATTS BUT WOULD BE NICE IF IT COULD DO 1800  WATTS)Can we get some more specifications on the controllers.

Like.
LVC,
True watts out, looking at the fets data sheet the current rating on the magic controllers means mothing IMHO.

Like Mocrosoft the most sucessful of most companies made a product that works with many players and many player work with them.  One persons customers become another persons customers. I see some sharing business and they get the crowds.  Word of mouth.  At times words from our mouths. ( THEY WANT THE WORD OF MOUTH TRUTH !)
GM may understand their products sucess may have something to do with their customers. Without the customer a business is "claytons" useless.  

I speak for myself, I don't care about the warranty, too much hassel it seems, even if responses are plentyfull. Maybe if I could take it back to the shop down the road it would be conveniant.. ( MOST OF US NOT CARE ABOUT WARRANTY BUT THE PRODUCT IS NOT UP TO SPEC ! QUOTED BY THEM! SO CUSTOMERS ARE ANGRY !) little Johny does not have credit card !
If I buy different brand, would GM be the only company offering such disclaimers on warranties?

And what of those who already own a $1250 A123 battery.  Should they have to pay for another GM battery just for warranty or would they look else where? ( YOU EXACTLY SAID WHAT IS COMMING )
Or the poor person who struggles to get SLA's on to their bike every 6 mths because the GM pack is out of their imediate budget, should they go else where right now to buy a different brand hub because of no warranty?

Should I have to buy a battery that will not last me 8 months for my very frequent usages just to get warranty?

Rather than post this information in a the riders forum where it isnt so stark and obvious, could you put this information on the front page of The GM and all the dealers sites so "we" customers don't find themselves here a month later wondering why this information wasnt told to us at the purchase of our products.  Ive been here 2 years now and this is news to me.   Im looking at the GM site now.  Nothing so obvious I have found yet with a single word of warranty.
I checked (SORRY LOOK A LITTLE BIT MORE YOU CAN EXTEND FOR 2ND YEAR )
Ebike diy
Electric bike
Hub motor
BLDC motor
Motor controller
EV battery
E-wheel chair
electric car kit
Printed motor
Order tracking.

All pages are not only void of thie information within the op I couldnt even find the word warranty  Even on the warranty card (WHAT WARRANTY CARD )nothing of this is mentioned..

$100 controller dies, a bad day at the track.
$500 battery dies, oh dear I didnt unplug my battery for 6mths while it sat in the cold garage, I have to walk 20kms to town for another 6 mths.
$300 wheel burns out.  Ohhhh noes! It must of been me pushing to much amps.

Or it was the nature of this up start industry where all companies attempting to make it anywhere runs into problems at some time.  The difference is the way one deals with the problems.  The issues around lithium are expensive ones, the EV1 was always touted as the rich persons car. Like the Ebike is the rich persons bicycle, but with some like myself the its the poor mans car or a nice hobby.

Its all a learning experience. For us and them and after all we are all just ordinary men with diffferent way of getting around.

I would hope if I told GM there product was DOA they would trust me and offer me at least a new controller if it failed.

Thank you.

WE LIKE WHAT YOU SAY !... WE AWAIT TO SEE ! ...BUT WE ALL MAY BE DEAD BEFORE ANYTHING CONTRUCTIVE HAPPENS !!!  

100% WELL DONE !
   ;D ;D ;D

« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 11:20:01 AM by Bikemad »
Try to put a smile on the face of others it cost nothing ...by what you say !

Offline e-lmer

• Technical Officer
  • Master of Magic
    • My page
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2010, 09:56:27 PM »

Leslie;

Most of what you said is true.  An improved warranty
system would be great.

I must admit that I agree with Yao on one point though.

If you buy a battery from GM and use it for some
other vendors products, who is to say that the
battery is applicable to those products.

(If you look at the ping battery site, they say their
48V battery is suitable for a 500W bike even tho
the specs say closer to 1500W)

This is even more true for the wheel and controller.

If you put some 2kW controller/battery on your
1kW wheel, it is going to burn it out.  That's not
GM's fault, and it's not a warranty issue.
Likewise for a 96V battery on a 48V Controller.

I see lots of people asking about hooking up higher
voltage to the controllers, you even advocate it, but
you don't complain and call it a warranty issue when
the smoke leaks out of the components.

The warranty should cover manufacturing defects only,
not end user abuse.

Offline Geoff

• Confirmed
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2010, 03:53:28 AM »
Still awaiting a response.

I emailed Tom (zhourenli@goldenmotor.com) on 5/08/2010 and received no response.

I emailed you on 17/08/2010 and have received nothing back.

Both battery and motor were supplied by GM in Feb 2010. Motor gives 5 beeps when powered up and will not operate.

Just knowing that someone there responds to something other than a sales order would be nice.

Offline Thaialien

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2010, 04:26:13 AM »
Still awaiting a response.

I emailed Tom (zhourenli@goldenmotor.com) on 5/08/2010 and received no response.

I emailed you on 17/08/2010 and have received nothing back.

Both battery and motor were supplied by GM in Feb 2010. Motor gives 5 beeps when powered up and will not operate.

Just knowing that someone there responds to something other than a sales order would be nice.

Just to say Forum mebers do respond and some are trying !!! but then again they not work for the COMPANY!

But understand 100% of your frustration !!  epecially when you use 100% goldenmotor and not MIX MATCHING

Smile there is other companies out there! We learn !

Offline Geoff

• Confirmed
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2010, 01:03:10 PM »
Support from forum members (though gratefully received) is not the issue.

The problem is that a warranty is included in the purchase price of the product. Yet the company seems to be either unwilling or unable to even respond to basic questions about my problems with the product.

It's dishonorable to not fulfill a promise. It's embarrassing to have to resort to posting begging messages on a public forum just to get the courtesy of a response... And it's very bad for business.

Offline Spacey

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2010, 01:33:47 PM »
I've been looking into this company with a view to buying 50+ of the product. The silence on the forum does not make me feel good.

I'm still waiting for a price for 2 x wheels, no controller just the wheel/Magic Pie motor so I can use with an external controller (been waiting a week now)

Offline o00scorpion00o

• Confirmed
  • Master of Magic
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2010, 02:27:46 PM »

WARRANTY??? GM NO RESPONSE, WHAT TO DO?

Buy from another company, shown GM we won't part with our hard earned on products that are poor quality, or won't do as ADVERTISED!

For instance buying a 1kw motor to find it's only a 750 watt motor.

Buying a 30 amp magic controller to find it's only a 20 amp controller!

Failing internal pie controllers.

I got to tell you MR Yuan, I and I'm sure many others are NOT impressed.

Do you want people to turn away from GM products? well I'm afraid they will. I already had to source a controller from a different supplier! I would have happily bought from GM but your controller is not good!

Your 6 fet controller maybe good for the mini motor but not for larger motors!

Golden Motor customer service is a disgrace.

What do you think comes up when people search in Google for golden motor? well this forum will of course, and lots of complaints.
people want to hear from Gm on this forum, people want to know you are listening, people want to know that you are going to provide a decent customer service. Do you really think people will put up with this?

I don't want to start a war on this forum, I just want what I PAY for.

Your Magic pie motor is a fantastic motor, but it's handicapped by a very poor controller and this needs to be addressed immediately!

You need to stop supplying this internal controller pie until the problems can be fixed, you need to offer some decent external controllers.

Most important you need to listen to what your customers want, and reply to emails!

Mark

Offline o00scorpion00o

• Confirmed
  • Master of Magic
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2010, 09:05:49 PM »
Somehow I doubt we will hear back from yao.

IF we do I will be surprised, It may be the first signs of change!

Come on Yao, how about it?

Maybe I'm being silly, after all, they are making a lot of money at our expense, what do they care if we spend $60.00 on a controller that's of poor quality, after all they probably make it for $10 or less!

Somehow I think they will have to bring about change sooner or later, as anyone reading these forums would run a mile!

And I'm still here  ::)  :'(    HELP!

Seatec

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2010, 12:24:47 AM »
I have been reading on here for a while, was going to order a motor, but I don't think I would take one now if they gave to me for free, gess it's going to be a Bionx for me, good luck with your pies.  Wayne

Offline grecomaskara

• Confirmed
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2010, 10:07:27 PM »
And that is a good desicion.NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM.
And as it pains believe me and as I now that Tom and Yao and all the other chinese with Americans names people in GM reads that posts,
i want to inform them that 2 other friends of mine was just to buy from them , but now I told them to go away for bionx.
I did my Magic...For the Magic thifes...And maybe there must be a lot of people in the world that belived GM, but in a few months they must do a lot of Magic to make them customers.
Geof I have the same problem and I have a month ago and no replay at all...
They ignore you

« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 10:12:05 PM by grecomaskara »

Offline e-lmer

• Technical Officer
  • Master of Magic
    • My page
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2010, 02:31:30 AM »
Ok, sorry to beat a dead horse, but this topic just won't die and
I feel like something funny is going on.

I have a suspicion that some of these posts are by the same person creating a new account to make
it seem like they are having different problems.
For example:
I've been looking into this company with a view to buying 50+ of the product.
[snip]
I'm still waiting for a price for 2 x wheels, no controller just the wheel/Magic Pie motor
[snip]
Umm, you just go on goldenmotor.com under "eBike diy" and order them, you get:
     Goods:$560+Air Shipping Fee:$250   (for USA)
It's not rocket surgury.
If you're talking 50+ you may want to apply to be a dealer. 

Somehow I don't think so.

Maybe it would be best if you did go to some other company
to purchase your products.

I have bought two kits from them, and have not had any
issues with contacting them for problems.

The only problems I have had were my fault.

I did not follow the directions on the battery charger and
blew one out.

I drew too much amperage from one controller and burned it out.

I have purchased an upgrade to the magic controller.
I have purchased a new rim and spokes after mistakenly
ordering the postman size wheel instead of the 26 inch rim.

In all cases when I purchased replacement parts and they were
shipped promptly. 

One time I ordered a kit and the connector pack
was missing (probably fell out during shipment) GM
immediately sent me a replacement wiring pack.

I would suggest that your contacts with them have
been as accusatory as your posts on this forum.

In your shoes I would send a short email.

DO NOT BE OVERLY DESCRIPTIVE!
English is not their primary language.
If they need details, they will ask.

For example:

to: yao@goldenmotor.com
    I bought the Magic Pie on Feb 12, 2010.
    The kit was assembled bud never worked.
    The battery is at 49.2Volts
    The controller beeps 3 times at start.
    I need my Magic Pie replaced.
    Gordon Freeman
    freeman@umbrellacorporation.com

Something like that would be answered within a couple of days.

If they ask questions include their email in your reply.

Understand that you may have to ship (at your expense) the
defective part back to them.  This is common practice in any
industry.

If something failed because you misused it, then that is not
a warranty issue and they probably won't waste your time
trying to argue with you.

Offline e-lmer

• Technical Officer
  • Master of Magic
    • My page
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2010, 03:04:50 AM »
I thought I saw in another thread that your wheels were in country now.

How long ago did you order them?

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2010, 03:25:05 AM »
This thread is Ghey!

Sorry but its a hornets nest and should be marked for deletion.

Am I wrong about this point?

Bring it on

Offline Thaialien

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2010, 06:52:28 AM »
This thread is Ghey!

Sorry but its a hornets nest and should be marked for deletion.

Am I wrong about this point?

interesting about buying 50  units
if you check on the NET you can find Goldenmotor Dealership for buying 5000$ strock when I was a dealer in other products you buy in around -50% of course you have to have the credit power! ( I was going to do this but check service first, product, warranty back up )
Glad I did 1500$ of product .... Mistake !!! glad I checked first !
10,000 stock for 5000 but you have to pay the shipping that can cost you as much as the product with taxes better when you get to that level buy container full and subdived the stock into 3 to 4 new braches .. 30,000 $ stock 5,000 $ shipping.

By the way golden motor say it exports all ( Trawl the Net not true )

But nothing will take care poor product, poor service, poor back up.poor warranty.... apart from poor company