Author Topic: Battery questions  (Read 14239 times)

Offline mustangman

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
Re: Battery questions
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2007, 07:05:40 PM »
 ... If HomeDepot won't cut pipe, go to Lowes!!! I am #@^&% mad at HD! They use to have great customer service and the stuff you needed, but now you can't find anyone who knows anything about hardware and if you ask them who does, they say "come back in the morning and ask for "this person". Thats BS!! They have cut wages and hours so much, all the talent has left for Lowes and the "replacements" don't know squat!! Whats even worse they don't want to even learn.
    It is pretty bad when even Wall Street takes notice of the poor performace at HD. Anyway, off my soapbox and Viva Lowes for the Increased customer service and cheaper prices. ;D ;D :)

Offline myelectricbike

• PhD. Magic
    • How to Build an Electric Bike
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2007, 08:21:55 PM »
When I got home and found my old pipe cutter and removed the plastic end cap protectors on the 2 ft piece of 1/2" pipe I bought, guess what? One of the threaded ends locked like it had be dropped from a 12 story building and then dragged six blocks behind a car. The protector had no damage. Had I needed the full length or the threads I would have returned it to Home Depot and taken my business to Lowe's. Since I only needed 17.5 inches I cut off the bad end and then measured and cut off the other ~6 inches from the end. about 1/4" of something that looked like wood was sticking out from the end of the pipe so I got some pliers and pulled it out. It was a 4 inch piece of wood almost 1/2 inch in diameter. Maybe its a good thing HD no longer cuts or threads pipe. If I had returned to have the threads chased up the pipe a bit I might have ended up not only with reduced water flow but drinking water that was being "filtered" by a piece of wood. To top things off the pipe is not straight but rather curved. I won't buy batteries there now either. :o  ??? >:( :(
« Last Edit: September 22, 2007, 08:29:47 PM by myelectricbike »

Offline mustangman

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2007, 10:00:31 PM »
.... and compaies that follow the HD model wonder where did all the customers go!!! Duhhhhhhhh