Author Topic: Smart Pie Controller Hall sensor driving voltage bad?  (Read 3799 times)

Offline rcnicke

• Confirmed
Smart Pie Controller Hall sensor driving voltage bad?
« on: October 20, 2012, 06:01:50 AM »
I managed to open up the SmartPie to access the controller, with help from this post: http://goldenmotor.com/SMF/index.php?topic=4604.msg26743#msg26743.

My intention was to properly secure the cable housing, which had came loose and slipped out, leaving the cables bare.

While I was at it, I thought I might as well fix the hall sensors, which did not work when I received the motor.

But before opening up the motor any further, I wanted to check the controller was putting out the correct voltage on them.

Reading on this forum, I conclude that it should be at 5V. But my measurement shows 1.09V. Am I missing something, or is it the controller which is bad? Should I measure in some other way?

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: Smart Pie Controller Hall sensor driving voltage bad?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2012, 12:17:26 PM »

You are correct in assuming it should be 5V, so it would appear that you have either a faulty controller, or a faulty voltmeter. You can easily check the voltmeter by measuring a new AA or AAA battery, if the battery reads more than 1.5V, your meter is probably OK and the controller is faulty. :(

In which case, you will need to contact your supplying dealer regarding the faulty controller.

Alan

Offline rcnicke

• Confirmed
Re: Smart Pie Controller Hall sensor driving voltage bad?
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2012, 01:04:14 PM »
Ok, thanks