Author Topic: Where is Gary (GM Canada)?  (Read 5641 times)

Offline Tom E

• Confirmed
Where is Gary (GM Canada)?
« on: August 30, 2012, 04:03:50 PM »
Is Gary on vacation, or otherwise away?   I had asked him some questions a couple weeks back and haven't heard from him after an initial exchange....
-Tom

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
Re: Where is Gary (GM Canada)?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2012, 03:19:22 AM »
Sorry to hear that, but I have lost the email exchange I was having with several people. Its the busy time of year and I am swamped with sales, shipping, warranty issues, Email, website issues and the odd Jack Azz along the way. Its amazing how some people are. Anyway, If your waiting on an email from several weeks ago it would be thousands of email back and will never be found again. So please send another .

If its just general questions I put this link up the other day to address this...

http://www.goldenmotor.ca/pages/Have-I-not-answered-your-email%3F.html

If its a warranty issue maybe try reading this link

http://www.goldenmotor.ca/FAQ/questions.php?questionid=34

Gary

Offline Tom E

• Confirmed
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2012, 05:37:17 PM »
So please send another .

Thanks, I just did.  Look for email from tom-es@bgp.nu.

Tom

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2012, 05:12:57 AM »
So please send another .

Thanks, I just did.  Look for email from tom-es@bgp.nu.

Tom

I briefly looked at your email and to be honest, it's a big "I donnow". Your questions would be much better asked here. This is where you will get the correct answers to complex questions. I have a general knowledge and have figured out the red plug goes to the red plug, The black plug goes to the black plugs. etc. But the specific performance questions needs some people with better knowledge then mine.

Here is what I can help with, I think,

Your question about voltages on the large BLDC motors and HPC controllers I can answer. Each motor is a different winding. You can run a 72 volt motor at 48 volts , but a 48 volt motor run at 72 volts will most likely fail. The pictures of the large BLDC motors are misleading as they make you believe one motor will do all. Also if you run a 72 volt motor at 48 volts it will not have the performance of the 48 volt motor at 48 volts. The winding is different. The reason I only carry the 48 volt and 72 volt  BLDC Motors is thats all I can seem to order. They never have any other. They say there are 96 volt motors but I never see them.  As for the controllers its the same, they show a HPC700 on their website but I have never been able to order one. I have the HPC300 in 48 and 72 volts for the 5kw BLDC motors and the HPC500 in 48 and 72 volts for the 10KW motors. Is is startling the difference in size betwwen these two controllers. The HPC700 must be a monster, if it actually does exist. Whether a 48 volt motor run at 48 volts on a 72 volt controller will have the same performance as a 48 volt controller, I don't know. GM China says it would but I have doubts. The last bit I can help with is I have done a hookup video I created from a combo of interpreting their wiring diagram and looking at a few videos on you tube. It seemed some were having trouble figuring it out and somehow I seemed to get it right. At least it worked for me.

Your questions on availability and what goes with what I can answer. Your other more technical questions I really have no answer. You should post them here, unless you did already somewhere. I could but I would feel funny pasting in your email.

Gary