Author Topic: New Controller software  (Read 9351 times)

daggysheep

New Controller software
« on: October 05, 2011, 12:16:08 PM »
Anyone used the new version of the controller software posted on the GM site this week?  Any changes?

Offline Rrominet

• Confirmed
Re: New Controller software
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2011, 08:07:53 AM »
Hi,

I saw it but do you know if it's only for the new external controler or is it also for Magic Pie II with internal controler ?
Thanks,

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2011, 03:58:20 PM »
This is one thing that always surprizes me about GM. There is new controller software and I learn about it in the forum :)

I'll certainly volunteer to give it a shot. Its a long weekend in Canada coming up. Lots of projects going on but hopefullly time to tinker. I'll try it on my controller I'm getting 1200 watts peak from and see if I can save several settings. Then try a reset to see if everything returns to default properties and I get my 1200 peak back.

Gary

Offline DirtyGinge

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
  • Im just trying to find my niche.3 e-bikes is fine
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2011, 07:39:55 PM »
rather you than me :)........

Infineon lyen edition 12 Fet
Goldenmotor Magic pie rear ....2000 Watt peak
oh yea.....Im too fat :)...but cute, oh yea, im cute

Offline urosv

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
    • GoldenMotor Slovenia, Croatia
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2011, 06:39:56 PM »
The frontend is the same except "RPM" left bottom. If anyone figure out this please post here...

Offline FalconX

• Confirmed
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2011, 09:16:42 AM »
Hey people,

I downloaded the new software but I can not install it. First unrar it, the I try the setup but it reports a corrupt file. I try it to windows XP. Am I doing something wrong?

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: Trouble installing the new Controller Software
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2011, 12:04:01 PM »
There seems to be a problem with the way the files have been archived using WinRAR. I did manage to find a way around it but it might be much easier for you to use the attached ZIP file instead of me explaining how I got it to install. ;)

Give it a try and let me know if this Zip file installs OK on your PC.

Alan

P.S.
I forgot to mention that if you alter the new "RPM" setting and then save the settings, it causes a run-time error '340' message to be displayed and you will not be able to run the setup program without first deleting the "Data.mxf" file in the "C:\MeiXin" folder.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 12:26:58 PM by Bikemad »

Offline FalconX

• Confirmed
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2011, 04:46:29 AM »
Thank you very much Alan for the file. It works perfect.

Chris

Offline Rodmiami

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2011, 03:05:12 PM »
Alan , Does the RPM setting actually change the revolutions per min of the wheel ? What should it be set at ? Any help would be appreciated since there are no guidelines to follow . Thanks Rod

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2011, 01:32:26 PM »
Rod,

I've only played with the software on my PC as I don't have a wheel that I can test it on.

Unfortunately, I don't have a clue what the RPM setting actually does, I would have thought that the "Speed Scale" options would already control the RPM. I did however notice that when you alter the RPM slider and then save the settings to disk, it overwrites the Pedelec Forward or Reverse setting in the "Data.mxf" configuration file, which then prevents the program from opening on its next use.
Deleting the "Data.mxf" file in the "C:\MeiXin" folder allows the program to work again, by creating a new (empty) "Data.mxf" file, just like it does when the software is first run after its initial installation.

I'm guessing this is a programming error that is directly related to the addition of this new RPM setting slider control, whose data source appears to have been accidentally linked to the wrong element within the data storage array that is saved in the Data.mxf file.

Alan

Offline Rodmiami

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2011, 01:10:55 PM »
   Alan , Thanks for the info and the ZIP file . I will do some testing if it ever stops raining here in Miami . I will do a GPS run before changing anything . Rod

Offline Rodmiami

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2011, 06:10:54 PM »
  To all , I say don't waste your time . I ran my bike on the old software 50 max , 30 cont 24v . Then I ran the new software at the same settings , no difference in top end 21.3 MPH with RPM at 100% . I even changed the old software to 36 max and 18 cont , same top end 21.3 . The new software has to have a file deleted every time you try to use it ( see Bikemad's post ) . I'm not changing mine any more . I'm using the old software . Maybe someone else will have different result and maybe GM will fix the new software . Even some guidelines to using the software from GM would be nice instead of us having to figure it out on our own . Rod
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 09:27:25 PM by spellchecker »

Offline myrek

• Confirmed
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2011, 06:38:53 PM »
The RPM setting actually has nothing to do with the RPM (which is set by speed scale)
The RPM setting controls the acceleration of the motor. I think factory setting is 92% try and adjust this value to a lower setting and you can get a really smooth acceleration. if you put it at 0% it will take several seconds for the motor to reach maximum speed.

Hope this helps.

Offline Rodmiami

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2011, 07:02:50 PM »
  Maybe RPM stands for Rapid Pie Movement, lol . Please GM at least give us a clue . Good work Myrek . My pie could use a little more oomph off the line . I have also noticed that with my twist throttle there is no more acceleration after about 3/4 turn , Just an observation , no complaints . Rod

Offline Nightwind

• Confirmed
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2011, 01:01:08 AM »
Have any1 got the script break down of the control v2 software? ???