Author Topic: Have the External Magic Controllers been Reborn?  (Read 6046 times)

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
Have the External Magic Controllers been Reborn?
« on: September 16, 2011, 01:29:02 AM »
Recently I have done a few builds and I must say the external Magic Controllers seem to be back to the power they had before. I consistantly get 24 amps peak. Very close to 1200 watts peak and 1000 when the power flattens out. I made a short video today leaving work, unfortunatly my phone was out of memory and the video quit after about 30 seconds. But it was enough to see the motor peaking on my Cycle Analyst.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VAMrYDScmo&feature=youtube_gdata

Gary
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 01:36:21 AM by Bikemad »

Offline MonkeyMagic

• Cheeky Chimp
  • Technical Officer
  • PhD. Magic
Re: Have the External Magic Controllers been Reborn?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2011, 06:05:29 AM »
Wow Gary that's awesome!!

Can you notice any external change in the controller?

I'm wondering if you have any news on the MP-3? I heard it was being manufactured + released next month, do you know if that's true? It's going to make me jealous I think... Also inkering to know if new solid type wheels will still be cast or if they are CNC now which I hope they are!

Cheers

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2011, 12:50:33 PM »
Yes, I think it is awsome as well. They look exactly the same as before. They haven't changed in apperance in the 2+ years I have been a dealer. But they did drop in power when they first became programmable and now it seems it has been restored. I have not yet tried programming them with the USB cable yet but have checked, they still come with the same default settings as before and I see no need to risk changing the settings.

As for the MP3 I`ll believe it when I see it.

In January I was told they would be ready in april. In april they told me june, in june they told me august, in august they said october. I have delayed several sea orders this year trying to have them included. But still no MP3 yet. They are encouraging dealers to preorder them which I have done 3 times and cancelled 3 times so my sea orders would ship. I guess when they are finally on the water I will believe they are released. In private discussion with Philip I was stated there would be no public talk of the MP3 until it is released as it only leads people on to believe they are available when they are not. Rumours are we can order some in a few weeks. As stated I have done this three times already, my prediction is Christmas. I am also a little concerened about pre-ordering. If an official release comes and they are on sale, it will probably be less then I paid for them as I have seen in the past with the MP1, The shrinker. new batteries, etc. I recall when the MP1 came out buying a dozen or so from their website as they were cheaper then they were in my pricelist. It seems recently everytime I order something my price has gone up and their website price stays the same or goes down. Its getting a little discouraging lately. Anyway I have probably said more then I should already, so I`ll end it here and not comment on the MP3 any further.

Gary

Offline DirtyGinge

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
  • Im just trying to find my niche.3 e-bikes is fine
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2011, 08:56:51 PM »
The Ginge gives gary a big man hug, cracks open two beers in front of the fireplace...

I don't know to be honest how you have the patience.....although I love my pie, the image of GM in my mind has changed so dramatically since I started posting in this forum, expecially after gm's comments a month or two ago about warranty...

you have a great customer service mentality, and im sure that your future in the business is secured......as to whether gm should be your supplier.....hmm.....

anyway drink the beer bud......a toast...to the greenest man in canada :)
Infineon lyen edition 12 Fet
Goldenmotor Magic pie rear ....2000 Watt peak
oh yea.....Im too fat :)...but cute, oh yea, im cute

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2011, 01:23:11 AM »
The Ginge gives gary a big man hug, cracks open two beers in front of the fireplace...

I don't know to be honest how you have the patience.....although I love my pie, the image of GM in my mind has changed so dramatically since I started posting in this forum, expecially after gm's comments a month or two ago about warranty...

you have a great customer service mentality, and im sure that your future in the business is secured......as to whether gm should be your supplier.....hmm.....

anyway drink the beer bud......a toast...to the greenest man in canada :)

Thanks Ginge, I do drink the beer, but not the koolaid...

There are many stories I could tell and sometimes I feel I should reveal the stories of how I have helped people. But I always hope they would tell the story themselves. Very few do though. Then again should I brag about doing the right thing. Isn't that what you are supposed to do? If I wrote a book on everything I have done to resolve issues, most people wouldnt believe it. But those that have experienced my efforts would most likely never doubt it.

Gary