Author Topic: EzKontroller and regen on a boat  (Read 564 times)

Offline Boating Muppet

• Confirmed
EzKontroller and regen on a boat
« on: June 15, 2024, 07:35:32 AM »
Hello. I have installed a 5Kw motor with the B48800 controller as a hybrid drive on a boat. In normal use it drives the propshaft via a belt with the Diesel engine off and in neutral. Control is via a joystick with a centre neutral position and forward and reverse selected by moving the throttle forwards or backwards. At times the Diesel engine will be needed and then the motor needs to act as a generator to charge the batteries. Ideally this charge current will be variable with it reducing at low revs when less engine power is available. It isn’t clear in any of the instructions how to do this. There are various brake inputs and I have seen on the American golden motor bike site reference to an ‘auxiliary throttle’ which appears to be for variable braking but there is no reference to this in the manual, such as it is. Can someone please point me in the right direction. Thank you

Offline Pontus

• Confirmed
    • Grinde 19
Re: EzKontroller and regen on a boat
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2024, 07:05:05 AM »
Hi,

As far as I know the EzKontroller does not have variable re-gen.

There is however the option to enable EBS auto mode and specify the motor RPM. Doing so would engage the re-gen automatically at selected rpm.

Follow along my electric conversion of a 4 ton Danish sail boat. Grinde 19