Author Topic: Golden Mini Motor - Pedelec and throttle function with BAC - 281 controller  (Read 7461 times)

Offline liared

Hi,
I am considering expanding my e-bike "fleet" with a  DIY front Mini Motor kit from Golden Motor. I live in Sweden (EU) where the  pedelec function is required by law. On my present non Golden Motor E bike the throttle and pedelec function work independently. Suppose I have peddled with motor assist (no throttle engaged) and decide I want to rest from  peddling for a while. I then just stop peddling and turn the throttle on a little to get a motor assist drive only. When I once again want to go with pedal assist I turn the throttle down and start peddle again with the motor supporting my peddling. I prefer peddling with motor assist most of the time but want to have the option to sometimes drive by throttle only .
I just want to make sure that the new BAC-281 controller allows me to ride the way I describe above and that I donĀ“t have to do any extra procedures for this mode of riding.
I will be grateful if someone here on the forum can confirm that the Golden Motor system works this way.
Regards
Bengt

Offline Perbear

• Technical Officer
  • Magic Undergrad
Currently, the throttle overrides the pedelec sensor, so your wishes are fulfilled  ;)

Unfortunately, this is not according to the EPAC standard so the current BAC-28X controllers are not fully compliant to EU rules (pedals must be turning in forward direction to let the motor run).

I believe the best would be to have a switch that could be used to override the pedelec sensor. That is actually allowed, but only up to 6 km/h. If this maximum speed was software settable (in flash) it could be as simple as pressing and holding this button to activate motor without pedaling.

Per