Author Topic: Reverse on MP Edge  (Read 3463 times)

Offline MrFred

• Confirmed
Reverse on MP Edge
« on: July 27, 2019, 03:31:12 PM »
Although I have not done it, I believe these motors can be made to run in reverse via parameter thru the programming cable. Is there any way to set it up so a switch can be mounted on the handlebar to switch between reverse and forward? This is for a potential cargo trike project.

Offline Jbwiden

• Confirmed
Re: Reverse on MP Edge
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2019, 08:21:51 AM »
Yes, you have to short two wires in addition to enabling in software. So you just run those wires up to something on your bars to switch it.

https://youtu.be/BPxOKDIz0_A

Offline MrFred

• Confirmed
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2019, 11:08:05 PM »
Thanks for the info and link to the video.  I am looking at putting a MP on the single rear wheel of a cargo bike.

Having reverse enabled and at half speed as in the video would be perfect. Does anyone know if that is the default when shipped or do I need to buy a programming cable to set it up?

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2019, 01:26:32 PM »
On my MP Edge, reverse is enabled by default and the default speed for reverse is set at 65rpm (forward default speed is 380rpm).

This should give you a speed in reverse of 5~9km/h dependant upon your wheel size. If you wanted to go any faster in reverse you would need either the USB programming lead, Windows PC/laptop and PI800 programming software, or the Bluetooth dongle, a suitable smart phone and the GM App.

Alan

Offline MrFred

• Confirmed
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2019, 02:22:45 PM »
On my MP Edge, reverse is enabled by default and the default speed for reverse is set at 65rpm (forward default speed is 380rpm).

This should give you a speed in reverse of 5~9km/h dependant upon your wheel size. If you wanted to go any faster in reverse you would need either the USB programming lead, Windows PC/laptop and PI800 programming software, or the Bluetooth dongle, a suitable smart phone and the GM App.

Alan

Thank you for the information.

I have to say that I frequent several e-bike forums and nowhere else have I seen such timely, accurate, and useful responses as I have seen from the moderator of this group.

Thanks again!