Author Topic: How do I change from 36v to 48v on my Black Magic Ext. controller  (Read 3917 times)

Offline Deedee

• Confirmed
Hello everyone.

I have finally gotten around to putting together my Black magic kit on my folding bicycle.

My question is, do I need to do something with the controller before I switch from a 36v battery to a 48v battery?
I know it is advertised as being able to take both voltages, but I'm not sure if I have to manually change something or I can plug in either battery and it will run fine.

I don't see anywhere I could plug the controller into my computer and I don't have a cycle analyst yet either.

Thanks again for all your help!
-Deedee
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 10:27:03 AM by Deedee »

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: How do I change from 36v to 48v on my Black Magic Ext. controller
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2017, 11:24:38 AM »
Hi Deedee,

The external controller should work fine on 48V without altering any of the controller settings.
But if you did want to alter the settings, you would need to use the PI-200E USB programming lead which should plug directly into the 12 pin connector on your controller to program it:

If your motor was fitted with an internal Vector controller, you would definitely need to change the voltage setting in the controller to switch from a 36V battery to a 48V battery.

Alan