Author Topic: Is there any other way using application / software to change a parameter withou  (Read 7076 times)

Offline Abe

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
Hello Alan,
Along with your recommendations, I can not prevent the release of the rear wheel nuts.
Even though both sides of the axle installed Torque Arms / Plates / for Electric bikes.
The conclusion I reached these is probably: While stopped I hear and feel a very strong hit.
Like a car ride at a speed of 90 mph and immediately transfer into reverse.
** I know I can remove the cables that come from both the brakes of the motor controllers.
** Is there any other way using application / software to change a parameter without having to disconnect the cables and stopping the bike will be a gradual rather than a suddenly?

**What Size of Thread Size of the  bicycle Wheel Axle Hub Nut ? is 10mm or 5/16" or.....  (Magic Pie4)

Thanks,
Abe
« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 09:29:57 AM by Abe »

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Hi Abe,

Disconnecting the brake switches will obviously disable the regenerative braking function, but it would also prevent the power cut off safety function from working if accidentally braking without releasing the throttle, and while stationary with brakes and throttle applied.
You should be able to either reduce or completely disable the Regenerative braking setting within the software using the USB programming lead to reduce the sudden jolts on the axle.

Even if regenerative braking is never used, the axle still needs to be secured properly to ensure it can't work loose with repeated quick bursts of the throttle.
I suggest you have a quick read of this thread for information regarding securing the axle.

The thread diameter on the MP4 axle is 14mm, but the pitch of the thread will be either 1.5mm or 1.25mm, according the the axle fitted. Check out this thread for more information.

Alan

Offline Abe

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
Hello Alan,
Always fun to get clear answers from you!
1. Since your recommendation two years ago I use both sides of the axis Torque Arms / Plates,
In fact just like the pictures in the article submitted.
2. Because since my last entry application / software via USB would love to have:
2.1 Please send me a link to download a link to download the app / software
2.2 Please send me a link to a Guide.
2.3 ** What parameter should I change to solve the problem to some degree + you recommend?

Thanks again,
Abe

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
A link to the software and further details can be found in this post.

Gary (GM Canada) also has a useful video showing how to connect the software to the vector controller.

You will need to reduce the Max EBS Phase Current (A) (or EBS PEak Phase Current (A)) to reduce the regen forces acting upon the axle, or disable the regenerative braking altogether using the Regen braking enable (or EBS Enable) parameter:

The parameters are named differently with different versions of the software.

Alan

« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 04:47:46 PM by Bikemad »