Author Topic: Does the BLUETOOTH Android APP auto rotate in landscape mode?  (Read 3734 times)

Offline Papagino

• Confirmed
    • Colloidal silver, your immune system's best friend...
Hi everyone, I am new here…

I am planning of getting the Magic Pie 5 (VECTOR) 26 Inch Rear Conversion Kit in a couple of weeks.

I am currently building a battery pack out of 18650 cells using my 3d Printer. It will have 120 cells total (36V, 10S 12P @ approx 26AH).

I am also designing a center console for my handle bar that will house an Android device, key switch, voltmeter and USB port to supply a cell phone that will act as the display/programmer/GPS using Bluetooth.

I need to know if the “BLUETOOTH Android APP” also works when you flip the cell phone on its side (landscape mode) or if it only works in normal mode. Can anyone confirm that the Apps screen will auto rotate with viewing in landscape mode?

Cheers
Dan
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 12:04:07 AM by Papagino »

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: Is the BLUETOOTH Android APP auto rotate in landscape mode?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2016, 11:07:29 PM »
Hi Dan andto the forum.

The display automatically switches from portrait to landscape while monitoring:

But while setting the parameters of the controller or viewing logged data it automatically uses portrait view, so with your setup it would appear on its side like this:

Unfortunately, this is not ideal if you want to alter the maximum speed or current settings while riding.  ;)

Alan

« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 09:11:33 PM by Bikemad »

Offline Papagino

• Confirmed
    • Colloidal silver, your immune system's best friend...
Re: Is the BLUETOOTH Android APP auto rotate in landscape mode?
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2016, 10:38:53 PM »
Thanks for the update Alan...

I will probably mount it in portrait mode then.

Cheers
Dan