Author Topic: Front MP3 wires  (Read 3077 times)

Offline MP3test

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
Front MP3 wires
« on: July 23, 2014, 01:43:21 AM »
Hello,

there are some wires of MP3 that I see different information what they are for, do you have an idea what are they for and what signals there are:
pic1 - coming from controls
pic2 - coming from the controller
pic3 - also coming from the controller, splitting from pedelec connector

At one scheme I see that the connector shown at pic2 is "for meter display". Is this a standard? What are "signal receive" and "signal transmission" pins?

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: Front MP III wires
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014, 12:38:51 PM »
Hi andto the forum.

The curly wire in the first picture looks like a supply for the rear LED light unit, and it is important to make sure they are connected to the correct terminals on the light unit as one of the connectors is also internally connected to ground via one of the mounting bolts.

I'm guessing that the other connector is a switched battery supply for the front LED light unit which (along with the rear light) is usually turned on and off by using the red switch on the throttle unit.
The connector in picture three next to the pedelec connector is for the Reverse function, shorting the two connections together will reverse the motor direction (Assuming that Reverse has not been disable using the software).

The 5 pin connector shown in the middle picture is marked "for meter display", but I have not seen anything available to connect to it. On my MPIII that connector simply has a "battery positive" and "battery negative" connection and the "signal wires" are not connected to anything.
It could be used to power a battery gauge or voltmeter etc. if necessary, but as a matching plug is not supplied it is not quite so straightforward to connect to.

Alan

« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 03:34:41 PM by Bikemad »