Author Topic: Mp2 mosfets for hub  (Read 2777 times)

Offline arclight

• Confirmed
Mp2 mosfets for hub
« on: July 02, 2014, 03:21:04 AM »
Hi gang,  My Mp2  dual drive was finr till, it got T-boned by a car and now my rear hub cuts out after a few  minutes, think its the mosfets and wonder what the # is, and there are at least 3 ?   I have one from my throttle but as I recall it's not the same,  help please,

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: Mp2 mosfets for hub
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2014, 10:49:26 AM »
I think you mean Hall Sensors (not MOSFETs) and there are three of those in the motor.

The Hall sensor in the throttle is linear and gives a variable output according to the throttle postion, whereas the Hall Sensors in the motor are latched and simply switch between high and low output

Honeywell SS41 Hall Sensors are the ones commonly used as replacements inside the hub motor.

I'm not convinced it's a Hall Sensor problem because the MPII controller should still work in sensorless mode if the Hall Sensors fail. When a Hall Sensor fault occurs, the motor usually works once the bike is moving, but will not work from stationary.

If it's been impacted from the side, it's more likely that the wiring harness (or the molded connector block) has sustained some internal damage.
When the motor stops, try wriggling the wiring to see if it starts to run again

When the hub cuts out, are the battery gauge lights still lit up? as is might be a battery problem rather than the motor/controller.