Author Topic: using throttle and pedelec together  (Read 3517 times)

Offline eazyrider

• Confirmed
using throttle and pedelec together
« on: April 01, 2014, 07:55:56 PM »
Hi guys!

been riding my bike for about 6000Km since the last repair without any problems.
so i'm thinking of changing the setup.
is it possible to use a throttle and pedelec at the same time with a golden motor external controller?
sometimes I just need that extra juice to get a quick start, so I want to get a qiuck start with throttle and then let the pedelec take over.

thanx for any answers.

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: using throttle and pedelec together
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2014, 09:02:35 PM »

It's a long time since I used pedelec, but I seem to recall that the throttle works as normal until the pedelec cuts in and overrides it, which might be enough of a boost for your quick start.

Alan

Offline Sam.Vanratt

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2014, 04:15:35 PM »
Hello Thomas
as it's about the EU PAS rule, there are certain ways to cope with it.
I did use PAS to trigger throttle (Voltage 0-5V via a simple frequency-voltage converter) and brake (same frequency-voltage converter it just detects reverse and triggers a brake-ground).
With a simple adding you could use PAS as primary and a throttle as second input. It took me about 10 pieces of electronic to put it together, so no fuzz at all.
How the MP3 does that internal sounds like Alan already discribed it, but I did not test it myself (as my third MP3 is in replacement atm which should do PAS only)
Cheers
Sam

Offline eazyrider

• Confirmed
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2014, 07:15:08 PM »
Hey,
Thanks Alan and Sam. I'll try Alans solution first, and if it does not work, a will send you a message Sam.
thanks again!
now back to my new build!
a transporter bike with the 901Pro set.
allready got myself fooled buying wrong tyres...(bought the 28" wheel, but it's different size then EU models)
found the solution to  : http://goldenmotor.com/SMF/index.php?topic=4135.0

Alan, you kinda rock, and own this forum! ;-)
keep up the good work.

best regards