Author Topic: New Pro 902 kit - not working!  (Read 5194 times)

Offline Herkell

• Confirmed
New Pro 902 kit - not working!
« on: July 06, 2013, 07:57:49 PM »
Hey everyone!

This is my first post to this forum, and boy am I glad that the forum exists! It seems that GM provides lackluster service at best, so if it weren't for a community of folks helping each other out I'd be in trouble.

I recently purchased 2 36V front "new" 902 pro kits from Golden Motor. These systems use a different controller than most of the 902 kits that I've seen online - see the first attached picture for more info.

Yesterday, I excitedly opened them up, installed one on my bike, plugged in the throttle, motor, and battery, and... nothing. I got no response whatsoever. I tried the second one - same thing. Tried switching controllers between the systems - nothing.

The batteries are outputting 41V - they're fully charged. Everything is plugged in as shown. There's even a small LCD screen that I plugged into the controller, and got no response.

Does anyone have any advice for troubleshooting this? The system did come with a PAS sensor, maybe it needs to be plugged in for the motor to work?

I've attached 4 pics - the controller, the whole setup in my little workshop, the connections from the motor to the controller (hall wires & power), and the connectors from the throttle & battery to the controller.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks,
Henry

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: New Pro 902 kit - not working!
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2013, 12:39:17 AM »
Hi Henry andto the forum.

I've not seen that controller before, but I'm wondering whether the white connector on the left needs to be connected to a switch as a "soft start" to power up the controller:

I'm guessing that the black five pin connector goes to the LCD display unit, the black three pin connector is for pedelec sensor (if fitted) and the black two pin connector goes to the brake switches.

The green wire in the two pin connector from the throttle is either a supply to the LED battery gauge, or a switched feed for the LED front and rear lights.
I suspect the two loose leads are connected to the red throttle switch and the green wire will probably need to be connected to the battery + supply.

Unfortunately you will need to contact GM China to confirm the connections, as a wrong connection could easily damage the controller.  :o

Send an email David wyh@goldenmotor.com and ask him to provide the necessary information.

If the two loose leads from the throttle are connected directly to the switch, it may be possible to use them to turn the controller on and off with the red button, but you will need to wait and see what David tells you first. ;)

Please keep us updated, as this topic will be helpful to others who may have purchased the same kit and are experiencing the same problem as you.

Alan

« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 03:39:19 PM by Bikemad »