Author Topic: MP3 Ports  (Read 4457 times)

Offline Garm@n

• Confirmed
MP3 Ports
« on: May 05, 2013, 12:32:18 AM »
When I bought my MP III wheel I did not see a manual for it.  Just curious as to what all the ports/connectors are for.
(4pin)
1 Right Hand Brake (Kill Switch/Regen Brake)
2 Horn?
3 Throttle
4 Left Hand Brake (Kill Switch/Regen Brake)
------
port/connector near wheel (5pin)
5 What is this for?  (Brake lights?)

Also by the throttle there is a little red button that does nothing when I press it.  What is that?  Cruise control?

Thanks
Edit
I found what the 5th connector is for.  (Speedometer)
As a side note is possible to make the horn switch  into a off/on switch?  or is that what the red button is for on the throttle?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 12:45:34 AM by garm@n »

Offline Rodmiami

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
Re: MP III Ports
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2013, 01:37:01 PM »
Garm@n the red button is for lights , as it being an on or off switch . The Green is for a horn , which is why it has a horn on it . Just my two cents worth . Rod

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2013, 03:14:19 PM »
Hopefully, most of the information you require can be found on this diagram:

Also by the throttle there is a little red button that does nothing when I press it.  What is that?  Cruise control?
As a side note is possible to make the horn switch  into a off/on switch?  or is that what the red button is for on the throttle?

Yes, the round red button next to the horn button is for the cruise control.

The horn button is only a low power momentarily closed switch, so it would not be much use as a power switch.
As it is already connected to battery + (and I don't have a horn) I have wired mine as a headlamp flash button instead.

The square red light switch on the throttle is not suitable for switching or carrying high currents, but is ideal for the high voltage LED lights that are available as accessories.

Alan

Offline Garm@n

• Confirmed
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2013, 03:55:40 AM »
Thanks.  I guess the only way to make a starter switch is to run from the battery lead. 

Offline Rodmiami

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2013, 06:22:25 PM »
My bad , I got my red buttons mixed up . Good thing Bikemad is paying attention . I have an MPII and a Magic Pie . Rodmiami

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2013, 08:27:52 PM »
My bad , I got my red buttons mixed up . Good thing Bikemad is paying attention . I have an MPII and a Magic Pie . Rodmiami

I know how you feel, every time I think I know something I get corrected.

I thought Yu had a Smart Pie on the cannibal?

Gary

Offline Rodmiami

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2013, 01:05:55 PM »
I do have a Smart Pie on my Cannabal and I love it . When I was using the MPII I had to put on a rear view mirror because I could not hear a car coming up behind me . With the Smart Pie I really don't need it because it is so quiet with only a loss of 1 MPH top end . Things get fuzzy after your 65 birthday . Rodmiami