Author Topic: Golden Motor Controller diagnostic - please help!  (Read 6309 times)

Offline Just

• Confirmed
  • Master of Magic
Golden Motor Controller diagnostic - please help!
« on: December 16, 2012, 12:17:27 AM »
Hi All,

It seems I've got in troubles with my Golden Motor Controller. Please help with the diagnostic - I'm attaching its picture to the topic.

1) When I connect a battery to the Controller, it doesn't issue any beeps (not matter whether Motor or Throttle are connected or not)
2) Controller provide 2.5V to the Throttle (instead of 5V) - measured on T2 pin
3) Hall Sensors change their voltages from 0V to 2.5V (instead of from 0V to 5V) - measured on the Ha, Hb and Hc pins of the Controller.
4) Rest of the voltages it seems that they appear correctly - 4.5V on 'H+' pin, 4.8V on the 'G' pin

Should I perform any additional measurements in order to decide whether the Controller has failed or not?   

Thank you in advance for any help!

« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 12:21:37 AM by dmitryl »

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: Golden Motor Controller diagnostic - please help!
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2012, 02:51:04 AM »

Dmitryl, something seems wrong with almost all of your readings.

The throttle supply voltage should be measured on T1/5V, not T2, T2 should show the throttle signal voltage being returned to the controller via the throttle control.

The low reading of 4.8V on the G pin is definitely not right, as this has to be linked to the B+ supply in order to energise the controller, so you should have obtained a voltage reading equivalent to the battery voltage on the G pin.

Either your battery/BMS is faulty, or you have a very poor connection somewhere on the wire between B+ and the G pin.

I suggest you check the voltage reading across B+ and B- connectors on the controller to make sure that the required battery voltage is actually reaching the controller. ;)

Alan

Offline Just

• Confirmed
  • Master of Magic
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2012, 07:50:01 PM »
Hi Alan,

Thank you for your quick response and sorry for the delayed mine...

Actually a voltage on the 'G' pin is the same as on the 'B+' pin - it's 53.4V (48V battery).

What's strange is so that a voltage on the T1 pin is just 2.54V (instead of 5V). The throttle is actually disconnected so that a voltage on the T2 pin is 0V. But, voltage on the 'H+' pin is as expected - 4.8V.

Another phenomena is so that the controller doesn't issue any beeps no matter whether the throttle and motor are connected or not.

So should the controller be considered as failed? Might any other diagnostics might be performed on the Controller?

Thank you for any help!

Offline Just

• Confirmed
  • Master of Magic
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2012, 08:13:48 PM »
Another strange thing - voltage on 'C' pin (cruse control) is 1.9V, but this pin is connected to nothing (floating)!

Voltage on the B pin is also 1.9V (also flouting, connected to nothing).

Voltage on 'R'(reverse) pin is 2.2V (also flouting, connected to nothing).

Voltage on 'H'(horn) pin is 2.2V (also flouting, connected to nothing).

Is this because these pins are open-drain?

Should the T1 pin provide 5V even it's disconnected from the throttle?

Thank you!
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 08:22:45 PM by dmitryl »

Offline Just

• Confirmed
  • Master of Magic
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2012, 08:20:37 PM »
the Controller gets a bit worm (~40C) even it's not connected to neither motor nor throttle.

Offline Just

• Confirmed
  • Master of Magic
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2012, 07:39:40 AM »
Anybody, wanna help?

Does 2.54V on the T1 pin of the Cruse (Magic-II) Controller (see the picture above) indicates that the Controller has been failed?

Thank you!