Author Topic: MPII wiring problems  (Read 2818 times)

Offline Quiro

• Confirmed
MPII wiring problems
« on: September 18, 2012, 07:03:00 PM »
Hey I just got a MP2  :D. I am very happy for that but I am having some problems :'(
I would like some suggestions and help
1) I did not install a pedelec in my bike it is a problem??
I used just the throttle but a couple of times the motor start to run with out stop and did not stop, no matter that I was using the brakes. As well another time, I just give contact with the key and the bike start the drive alone. I got quite scary and disconnect all to check but connection.
2) I connected all again and was running well. But the motor brake was not working, just the mechanical. So again disconnect all and start from the beginning.
3) After checking all the possibilities I got with the situation that if my cable signal was pushed in some direction all will run fine, but if the cable was moved from that position the motor got crazy and the brakes did not work.

Now I just cut all my signal cable to fix the problem but I not sure if that will work.

Some ideas??? 

Thanks

Quiro

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: MPII wiring problems
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2012, 11:22:53 AM »

Hi Quiro andto the forum.

Sorry for the delayed response, but I've been rather busy recently and I'm struggling to find some spare time to catch up on unanswered posts like this one.
Anyway, here's my response;

Unless you need to fit the Pedelec sensor in order to comply with legal legislation, there is no need to use it unless you particularly want to. I find that having complete control of the throttle is far safer and much more predictable and would not like to rely on the pedelec sensor as the only form of motor control.

A poor/intermittent connection on the common ground wire for the brake, throttle and cruise controls would definitely cause the problem you describe.

Have you been able to remake the connections on the cable that you cut, and if so, has it sorted the problem?

Alan

Offline Quiro

• Confirmed
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2012, 09:28:10 PM »
Thanks Alan.

I am waiting for my new signal cable. I tripped out all my signal cable because I was not sure of the problem. So now I don't know if the round metal in the signal cable (pic 1) is connected to negative ground and to the pin Nr.2 (MG wiring diagram).

As well in my wiring the negative ground is going to all the connectors (pic 2). Should be like that??

I would like to know if all the motors have a security system because I was driving my bike with the tired MP2 but any cable was install and I did not have so much problem. Of course I not 100% because always I need to bike up hill to home and I thought some times that the tired was not running so easily. However, it was not suppose to brake after some seconds??

Finally I cut one of the brakes wire because I can not used in my bike. ?I could get some problems? Moreover, I disconnected the cable and forget to check which color was to where. I set the wiring following the same cable color in the signal cable. What if I connected wrong?? the brake was working??

Offline Quiro

• Confirmed
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2012, 06:21:19 PM »
I got my new signal cable and I check the brake connectors. The problem was bad connection but now my bike is running well :)
I suggest to double check cables and connector if you have some wiring problem.