Author Topic: Hello All  (Read 5009 times)

Offline Dynoman

Hello All
« on: January 09, 2009, 12:53:26 PM »
G'Day fellow E'Hogs !! just signed up. I recently purchased a front hub 500W G/Motor 36v 12ah SLA kit. I adapted it to my aluminium hardtail with a 700C racing wheel on the rear. I seem to have great performance with this low friction setup & the tyres pumped up very high. Front 26" 60psi Rear 120psi. Very bumpy ride but I'm used to that from the racer I also ride. I'm maxing out prone downhill at 52kmh & I can cruise at 40kmh for about 16 km or over 20Km at a steady 30kmh. Just comparing that to other users it seems like the upper end of the scale. I also weigh over 200lbs & commute 32km's per day, 2 charges, averaging 28kmph. 

Offline e-lmer

• Technical Officer
  • Master of Magic
    • My page
Re: Hello All
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2009, 08:22:58 PM »

Those specs sound about right.

I actually replaced the front fork on my mountain bike
with one that had a basic shock. 

I am quite happy with it, and the fork was only
about $60USD.  Ok, once I got the fork, I had to get
new brakes because the fork had cantilever and the old
one had crappy caliper brakes. 

I changed from 12AH SLA to 20AH LiFePO4 from goldenmotor,
the new battery weighs about a third of the old one, and
allegedly gives about 5/3 the run time.  (I don't know for
sure because I have never run the battery down yet.)

Offline biohazardman

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
Re: Hello All
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2009, 04:06:04 AM »
G'Day fellow E'Hogs !! just signed up. I recently purchased a front hub 500W G/Motor 36v 12ah SLA kit. I adapted it to my aluminium hardtail with a 700C racing wheel on the rear. I seem to have great performance with this low friction setup & the tyres pumped up very high. Front 26" 60psi Rear 120psi. Very bumpy ride but I'm used to that from the racer I also ride. I'm maxing out prone downhill at 52kmh & I can cruise at 40kmh for about 16 km or over 20Km at a steady 30kmh. Just comparing that to other users it seems like the upper end of the scale. I also weigh over 200lbs & commute 32km's per day, 2 charges, averaging 28kmph. 
Most of us seem to like a cushy ride so we don't have 120psi in our tires.  I got over 30km at about 30kmh on my 10ah Foxpower Lifepo4 pack with about 50 psi in the 26" by 195 tires when running 36V.  Your batteries are likely new and you have skinny high pressure tires, so low rolling resistance, you should do well with speed and distance compared to most.  With that kind of build you are getting the most from the energy in the batts. Great work.