Author Topic: Just saying Hello..  (Read 4849 times)

Offline Falbert

• Confirmed
Just saying Hello..
« on: June 14, 2012, 08:33:03 PM »
Hello to all !

Just want to say hello to everybody in this Forum and introduce my "new" Bike.

I've integrated a MPIII, 48V10Ah, in my city cruiser. Looks great (in my eyes) and goes even better!  :) :) :)

Ran >600km up to now without any problems!

Greetings around the world,

Falbert.

Offline skylinenitro

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
Re: Just saying Hello..
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2012, 06:14:02 PM »
That bike looks awesome!  I see you don't run any suspension, how is the bumpiness on your bike?  I would love to get rid of my full suspension for a easier ride  ;D Do you ride mostly street?
Live Long and Prosper

Offline Falbert

• Confirmed
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2012, 10:04:17 PM »
Hey skylinenitro,

ok, I have to admit it is bumpiiieeee !
Mostly I'm going street and that's ok, as long as you take care of road holes.
But if you hit one unexpected you will recognize it. ;-)

That's why I'm looking for a frame like this with (at least) front suspension.

Offline truly_bent

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2012, 01:05:58 PM »
Nice lookin' ride.

You might be able to swap out the conventional forks for suspended forks, but it would probably detract from the classic look. Possibly a springer type suspension (http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=bicycle+springer+forks), but these have their own issues, like no oil damping.

I'm looking into getting front suspension forks for my recumbent (can't do anything with the rear). It's complicated by the fact that I run a 20" wheel on the front, and there are only a few choices for that size - poor quality and cheap or high quality and expensive. I haven't seen what I'm looking for so far.

The Pantour Suspension hubs (http://www.pantourhub.com/sales.html) may be an option. They seem to generate quite a bit of controversy, both pro and con.
8)
Burley Canto recumbent w/ MP II, Lyen 18FET controller, 48V 20AH LiFeP04, Cycle Analyst, and 4 pounds of zip-ties