Author Topic: Am I killing my battery?  (Read 2955 times)

Offline Supatrike

• Confirmed
Am I killing my battery?
« on: August 01, 2011, 12:18:35 AM »
GM China sent me the wrong throttle (a 48V and I have a 36V battery), so the indicator always shows "empty" - so, I never know if I am close to draining my battery. 

I have done a couple if 15 mile rides and the motor/battery has worked quite well, but today I decided to check the voltage after a 15 mile ride.  It read 27V when it normally reads around 41V fully charged (it's a 36V 12AH).

How badly am I hurting my battery by letting it drain that low?

Where can I buy a new throttle? - cause China ain't responding to me.  I feel like Gary in CA will help me get the right stuff, but would it be easier to buy state-side?

BTW I just took my bike to a big car show today and everyone LOVED my trike and asked about how to get one.  Had China not screwed me over, they might have made a few more sales today (though I did mention this list and that the N. American distributors were honest and helpful).

Thanks in advance.

Offline Hardcore

• Confirmed
  • Master of Magic
Re: Am I killing my battery?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 04:24:07 PM »
just charge whenever you can, if the bms shuts the battery down then it's time to not drain more from it
you got the gm battery right? then 27v is I think about the lowest the bms will let it go