Author Topic: My Regen Controller died too...  (Read 5244 times)

Offline MyPC8MyBrain

My Regen Controller died too...
« on: August 28, 2008, 01:52:39 PM »
48 volt 1000 watt rear drive motor.   This was a new install on my second day riding to work.  15 total miles on the new setup.  Was cruising along about 20 mph up a slight incline and it just quit.   Checked all my connections and it looked good.  Disconnected the battery and it was still pretty hard to pedal the rest of the way to work. 

There was a smell of burned electronics I thought from the controller.  I called for a ride home after work.  When I got home I opened the controller and one of the round things on the back side of the board had blown.   Sent an email to goldenmotor for service.  Hope they warranty this stuff.

Wonder if I should just go to the non regen style of controller ? 

Another customer had a similar issue I think.  Only he was going downhill, and I was 5 miles into the commute not in regen braking.

Offline bernix

Re: My Regen Controller died too...
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2008, 08:20:29 PM »
hi MyPC8MyBrain,

sorry for my English

je crois avoir compris ce que tu dis.
il m'est arrivé la même chose. c'est une diode transil qui est en court-circuit. elle protege le transistor en cas de surtension.
ce phénomène ce produit sous trois conditions.
le mode génératrice est activée, la tension de la batterie devient trop faible et le controlleur se coupe alors que tu roules encore.

la diode transil et une 62v 1500j, montée en série avec une résistance de puissance.

pour éviter de griller ces diodes, je pense qu'il est préférable de rajouter un interrupteur a guidon pour activer le mode génératrice uniquement quand tu en a besoin, c'est à dire dans une descente et de désactiver ce mode le reste du temps.

i hope that you can translate and understand what I say

bye