Author Topic: Connecting Cruise control to the Spare Throttle wires (red button/switch)  (Read 6326 times)

Offline Andrew

• AKA The Artful Bodger
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
  • I'm here to learn.
I'm pretty sure I can do this this,  but the two wires coming from throttle red button are coloured brown and yellow.  The cruise wires (controller side) has one black(ground) and one pink.  Which way around do I connect them together??

Andrew :)

Offline DirtyGinge

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
  • Im just trying to find my niche.3 e-bikes is fine
if I get you right, you would need a momentary push switch to activate the cruise, however the throttle switch is an on / off switch......might work to turn cruise on, but you would need to turn it on / off / on to turn cruise off again....is that what you mean, using the throttle switch for cruise on / off ?
Infineon lyen edition 12 Fet
Goldenmotor Magic pie rear ....2000 Watt peak
oh yea.....Im too fat :)...but cute, oh yea, im cute

Offline MonkeyMagic

• Cheeky Chimp
  • Technical Officer
  • PhD. Magic
Hey champ

You and Dimitryl should totally exchange numbers :D jks hehe

You need to short the black to pink for cruise, but I don't think the throttle switch is the best option as it is a push on/off type.

If you did connect to the throttle switch, you can wire the black from controller to the brown throttle switch wire. The yellow would then connect to the pink wire completing the switch circuit.

Just remember if you do it, you will need to push the switch on, then off again in quick succession to enable cruise control.

Because it's a momentary switch, I'm sure you have one lying around you can wire it elsewhere. For example, I modified my thumb throttle to have 3 additional momentary buttons I use for volume control and a kill switch lol

I have a button on top of my GM 48v battery pack (top one) that enables cruise, and another on the front that activates reverse.

Offline Andrew

• AKA The Artful Bodger
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
  • I'm here to learn.
Woh! the choices are endless ;D  

I'll give it a go on the throttle switch and see how it feels, could this switch complicate the brake cut off?? hmmm.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 04:35:35 PM by spellchecker »

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
If you have a twist throttle using the throttle button as a cruise switch will work ok, but if you use a thumb throttle it would take some talent to hit the cruise button :D

Don't worry, It will not effect the brake switch...

Gary

Offline Andrew

• AKA The Artful Bodger
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
  • I'm here to learn.
I tried it out on the twist throttle button but it was useable but a bit weird. It was for my other half's bike. After riding her bike yesterday I was made to change a fair few parts and settings. It's now all sorted - I hope! :D