Author Topic: How to increase the Value of regen braking more than 100% for a trike  (Read 6221 times)

Offline Velocyraptor

• Confirmed
Hi!  ;D

Subject : How to increase regen brake's torque

With the old controller I use and brake lever for parking brake or emergency braking but it's not possible with cruise controller because the regen braking is not enough powerful. >:(
more the speed is poor, less the regenerative braking  brake and it don't allow to use only regen braking to stop fastest. >:(

I would like to know if it's was possible to put the value regen brake with PI-200E to 200% for example or add an electronic componment in the circuit to increase regen braking. ???

For all the electronic ingineer, I'm waiting the answer with impatience . :-*

Thanks! 8)

ps: the triker has not a lot of power in the hand to brake manually
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 03:37:20 PM by Velocyraptor »

Offline Velocyraptor

• Confirmed
Re: How to increase the Value of regen braking more than 100% for a trike
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2011, 05:07:56 PM »
re
I ve found this topic :
http://goldenmotor.com/SMF/index.php?topic=1220.15
Could you say me if it could be the solution , if it's true
Which color throttle wire I plug on the high braking plug for variable regenerative breaking.
Could I Test without danger any throttle wire on high braking plug exept ? (+) AND UNPLUG LOW braking's plug

Before my enlightement Thank you...

edit: I found it too http://goldenmotor.com/SMF/index.php?topic=1220.0
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 09:32:33 PM by Velocyraptor »

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2011, 01:26:32 AM »

Greg, as far as I'm aware, nobody has actually tried using that connection, and I would be very reluctant to connect it to the throttle without knowing how it's supposed to work.

Leslie was just expressing his thoughts, and his idea of connecting the throttle to it was just a wild guess.

If you really want my opinion, a controller with poor regen has got to be better than a blown controller that does nothing! ;)

Alan

Offline MonkeyMagic

• Cheeky Chimp
  • Technical Officer
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2011, 02:56:47 AM »
The high/low braking feature on a controller is not generally for "High/low" braking, but more so for the signal provided to the controller for the function.

Example, connecting positive (high) signal to the "high" connection on the controller will(should) function the same as connecting ground (low) to the "low" connection on the controller (general).

Adjusting the level of this would not increase the regen values.

A circuit that could possibly work is pulsing the brake signal using a transistor and PWM. This could be done simply with a 555 timer, meaning you could hold your regen button for a gradual regen. Now that I think of it, it could very well be a good way to limit the regen current. But you want it the other way around :D

Offline Velocyraptor

• Confirmed
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2011, 10:32:28 AM »
Hi
I've read your answers.
I want to add I don't care about regen, because it's a trike and not a bike, i'm interrested to brake only with regen like I was done with old regenerative controller (black box) but it seems it's no possble at all with cruise and i'm surprised.

The response time is too long, and the brake is low i'm not pleased especially my girlfriend whose making grin when she try he trike yesterday. It seem to be dangerous for her cause you gues why ...

If the only solution is to buy an other old regenerative controller (black box) so could you say me how to order him, and where.

I don't understand why Golden motor has not anticipe by a switch the possible use of variable regen breaking with trottle because they know to do in the old ???

Maybe in the cruise controller 2 ?