Author Topic: Cycle analyst gives the magic smoke.  (Read 6858 times)

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
Cycle analyst gives the magic smoke.
« on: November 21, 2010, 11:53:48 AM »
Just switcherd on my Blackberry Pie tonight and no CA back light and smoke came out from it.

Its the only thing I havent pulled apart yet and I think it was water damage and moisture that did this.  One of the Anderson plugs to the CA shunt had water in it but this shouldnt cause the problem.  If water got inside the CA it would.

If I send it back without touching the case screws I wonder if I can get a replacment?

I was going to do some work on the throttke control too.

Bring it on

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: Cycle analyst gives the magic smoke.
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2010, 01:04:07 PM »
If I send it back without touching the case screws I wonder if I can get a replacment?

Quote from: http://ebikes.ca/store/
I'm tech inclined and think I can fix it myself; does that void the warranty if I do?
No, we always like to work with and support customers who are resourceful enough to fix an issue on their own, and we will provide plenty of tech support over email to guide you through the process. It saves wasted time and expense in shipping and it can be a useful and fun learning process. Please contact us prior to attempting a DIY repair, however, as some things have non-obvious complications.   

For technical questions or troubleshooting issues, use info@ebikes.ca

Leslie, I'm sorry to hear about the recent demise of your CA, it might be worth sending Justin an email first and see what he says.

Alan

P.S. Did the animated gif that I emailed to you arrive in the end?

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2010, 01:11:01 PM »

Send it to me and I'll mail you another one.

Gary

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2010, 04:09:32 PM »
I will do that on a few conditions.

That you get a new replacement and it doesnt put you out of pocket.

That you understand that I would not take the device apart and claim warranty and I am truthful.  It was a little wierd just as I was contemplating modding for speed control.

But I think you may find it has water insdie it.

I loved that damed thing.

Ill take some pics of it and discuss as there seems to be an intersting point. When I test for water, I blew air into the seals around the side and see if water came out.

Some water did come out and there seemed to be no much seal stopping the water comming out little alone water getting in.  On the web site it clearly states the case is sealed.

Other wise I have no problems sending it on to justin just to find out what the bloody hell happened to it.

Another point is the GM anderson plug hydro protection holds water between the power poles and gets water logged big time, where as all my other Andersons with no covers were dried much faster and held no water between the power poles.

Standard designed Anderson win out.  In this case friggin with the rigin soesnt pay

I advise to remove this Anderson connector cover on some external connection configuration ASAP.

« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 04:14:02 PM by 317537 »

Bring it on

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2010, 12:23:52 AM »
I will do that on a few conditions.

That you get a new replacement and it doesnt put you out of pocket.

Don't worry it will only cost me a few dollars for shipping. It won't be much as I'm sending it by pigeon this time  ;D

I have already contacted Justin and he is a respectable Canadian businessman and he will honour the warranty through me without question.

Gary

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2010, 09:58:23 PM »
Great Gary.

My only wish was to pull it appart and find out what happend.

I will open the new one as soon as I get it this time and seal it up better.  I am begining to suspect water hasnt got inside because shouldnt the LCD

get all foggy?

Can you find out from justin what went wrong with it?  I will send it out today via Australian Post Pigeon.  Should make it there by next week.

I would of loved having personal GPS tracking on the hubs you sent via sea mail Gary.  8)

Bring it on

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2010, 12:31:12 PM »
Great Gary.

My only wish was to pull it appart and find out what happend.

I will open the new one as soon as I get it this time and seal it up better.  I am begining to suspect water hasnt got inside because shouldnt the LCD

get all foggy?

Can you find out from justin what went wrong with it?  I will send it out today via Australian Post Pigeon.  Should make it there by next week.

I would of loved having personal GPS tracking on the hubs you sent via sea mail Gary.  8)

Please don't open it. I told them it was unopened and failed that way.

Gary